hydraulic failure after power steering install , vic please advise

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
vic , i moved my loader lines and tapped in to the high pressure line per your video . after i did this i noticed the loader seemed to have more power but also was more of a drain on horse power when in operation .also the toggles for the loader wanted to stick in the wide open position when operating and cause the motor to bog down to the point of shutting off . today as i was moving some dirt the hydraulics stopped working altogether . neither the loader or the 3 point will respond . if i try to raise the bucket it drops lower . they will hold their position and dont leak down but will not go up . i unhooked a steering line to see if fluid was coming through . it was but looked like water coming out of a water hose , there seemed to be no pressure . i removed the rear cover on the suction screen and to my surprise there was no screen inside . there is a filter on the right side of my tractor that you get to by removing the bottom plate , this filter looked relatively clean but i cleaned it and put it back anyway . the fluid that i drained was really brown looking . have i got a bad pump and do i need to put that rear suction screen in since i have the one in the front ?

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
yeah i was referrin to the joy sticks . i will try to post pics this afternoon . i cut the line right after the pump and one side of the high pressure line feeds into the loader valve and the other side goes from the loader valve back into the other cut side of the high pressure line . there didnt appear to be any kind of relief on the circuit once it maxxed out . also seemed like the controls opperated backwards from origional . before i pulled back on the joystick and it went up and forward was down . now it was forward for up and backward for down ....

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Sounds like you may have the lines reversed at the loader valve. If so you will dead-head the pump, usually ruining it.

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
the loader lines were reversed . i have corrected this issue . i also took the pump off and put it back on , and removed and visually inspected the relief valve under the seat and the one in the loader valve . after doing this it started working again somewhat . it was extremely slow , the 3 point came up first and then after running a few minutes the front bucket raised about a third of the way . the bucket would curl up and down slowly , but it would not raise all the way up . if i bumped the joystick it would inch up a little each time . i cut the tractor off and added some fluid and when i restarted it it would not work at all again . i broke a line loose and released some fluid . the fluid came out frothy or sudsy looking . the fluid also has a dark brown color . anyone got any ideas whats going on or where to check next ? could i have damaged a relief valve when i dead headed the pump and it not be visible to someone that does not know what he is looking for

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
fluid has not been changed . i drained it to check the rear housing and screen filter near the pump , but put the old fluid back in because i did not want to waste new fluid until i got it working again . i stuck my finger in the rear suction hole but did not feel any trash or sludge but as i said earlier there was no filter in there . i drained the fluid from the bottom of the trans and not the axles as i saw in another post . the screen up near the pump was clean and appeared to be in good working order . no sludge or debris . the tractor had set a couple days before i put the pump back on and tried it again . wondering if there could be some trash that maybe had settled while sitting and got sucked back up when i started it up again

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
i put a pressure guage in the line today and had little or no pressure on the line . i tested it at the first joint straight out the pump before it reached any relief valves . if i revved the engine i got maybe 200 lbs of pressure max . should i assume its the pump or could damaged or poor quality fluid cause non existent pressure . there is plenty of fluid coming through the line , just not building pressure