Hydraulic control hard to move

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
My 3 point control lever is about twice as hard to move as I feel it should be. Any tips or pointers on how to make it easier to operate ?
Thanks, Pete:)

steven7mm

Equipment
L4610D
May 14, 2017
brooksville, florida
I have the opposite problem , my control lever falls down have to hold it up. Just purchased a used L4610D been reading on line manuels but found no tension adjustments. Any help would help us both. thank you

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
To both of you, a photo of your control will help identify the models.
Sticky control, im suspecting its rusted up from sitting outside,if remote cable style then cables are going bad. I found a how to on lubricating the cables.clamp rubber hose on one end of cable housing,add lube in hose and pressurize with air to force lube down cable. I installed a tire tube stem in hose to hold pressure. Remove core to install lube.

L4610, i have had one of them apart. Best to mark hoses and pull control and set on bench to tear down. Your issue seems like a broken or missing spring. Dont know if parts are available.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Both tractors in question have the control lever roll pined to the control shaft that goes thru the three point top cover and moves the valve linkage. On the right hand side, just inside of where your control lever in connected to your control shaft are two nuts, 13mm I believe, that adjusts the friction washers for the control shaft. If it is too tight, loosen the outer nut and back off the inner nut until lever moves to your liking. Re tighten outer jam nut.

If it is too loose, loosen out jam nut and tighten inner nut to your liking, then tighten outer lock nut.