Hurricane Prep

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I seen a post on winter prep, which got me wondering on how many of our members are having to undergo hurricane preps right now? Living in southern Illinois, not an issue for us, but watching some of the YouTube videos and the nightly scare news, looks like others are buying up the stores.

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Fla is being extra cautious too as there have been a huge influx of new residents who have not been through this before. Im not surprised at the panicbuying at all.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What is coming next will be Blizzard Prep and bing buying.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I keep things stocked all of the time. Unpredictable weather or illness can strike anytime. We're fortunate to be able to keep a good supply of food and fuel on hand and its amazing how many people (family members included) that couldn't make a sandwich without running to the store every day.

Reactions: 1 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We lived just south of Miami back in 1970. People at work said if staying, board up windows, fill bath tub full of water, have lots of canned/non perishable food on hand. Flashlights, portable radio, & batteries also.
If I still lived there & now retired, I'd hook on to fifthwheel RV & get out.
We have owned some type of RV since 1979 & keep them stocked with non perishables , clothes, & propane. We are living in it now while building new house. I'm thinking of makeing the master closet a safe room/shelter or putting in a standalone shelter. Tornadoes our concern but when I think it was Katrina maybe Ike hit we got 40-50 mph winds & we are north of I20

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I keep things stocked all of the time. Unpredictable weather or illness can strike anytime. We're fortunate to be able to keep a good supply of food and fuel on hand and its amazing how many people (family members included) that couldn't make a sandwich without running to the store every day.
We have our summer preps and our winter preps. October we will switch the vehicles over to the winter preps and remove the summer items.

Back in the mid-2000s, we were hit by a line of strong storms that took out our power to the area for days. That started the process of preparing for storms. That same winter, we got hit by an ice storm, lost power for days then. Thankfully, we were a little better prepared.

Since that time, we have made lots of little improvements so if we are stuck for week or two, we can make it reasonably comfortably till things are restored.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Full tank of gas, sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothes, essential papers…
Soup, small slow cooker, crackers, something shelf stable to put on the crackers, toilet paper, and a place to go if necessary…

Cat food, litter, and cats….

Last edited: