Hunting and game posts

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Sounds like you have a fantastic property and doing great things!

I love the darker chocolate color antlers of this handsome buck! I am not sure why but the majority of bucks in the Central Sands region of Wi sport real light colored antlers. Not sure if its diet or?
We have both kinds. Been watching a couple younger bucks with bone white antlers. The 1s that trip my trigger are the chocolate racks that end with white tips.
I'm guessing it is genes. They all eat pretty much the same things around here.
IMG_9476.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I tagged a buck this evening. He had been a regular visitor all year, until he disappeared about 3 weeks ago.
IMG_9513.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I havent seen any big boys since the rut started about 2 weeks back, I guess we will see who is left after the season is over and I can set the feeder up again

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
We had fog this morning & no wind. Guessing the deer got a late start. I’ll wait a little longer for them. As you said, beautiful morning. View attachment 117670
I'm staying another 13min.
Then I gonna to decide if I feel froggy enough today to go recover 3 round bales on the side of the road, 2 are busted up.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Smile, its Friyay!
20231208_090919.jpg

Boar nomore.

Heaven forbid that I post any blood pictures of any animals, cause I'm pretty the news coverage of war injured, bodies on stretchers and bloody streets of Gaza and Ukraine are very mild and rated G. Nevertheless I still love the color of ORANGE, lol!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir, Im sure those chunks of ivory would do some real serious damage

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

Attachments

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Poor man's thermal; the led green lights and now added motion doorbell alarm to awake you for hog & critter control.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
We have both kinds. Been watching a couple younger bucks with bone white antlers. The 1s that trip my trigger are the chocolate racks that end with white tips.
I'm guessing it is genes
. They all eat pretty much the same things around here.
I tagged a buck this evening. He had been a regular visitor all year, until he disappeared about 3 weeks ago.
View attachment 117559
I don't know where to begin so first off congratulations on bagging a nice buck. Now I have some good news and I have bad news. Good news is that you are correct about reason some of your bucks have white antlers and some have chocolate, it's the genes. The right antler is typical for Whitetail but see those forks in left antler,that is typical of Mule deer. Soooo it appears his mom had a fling with a Muley buck. Same you and I,deer must declare a single race on paperwork whether they are mixed or not. Are you still with me? Ok,good. Mule deer season began 3 weeks ago and since he declared to be Muley,he disappeared rather than risk being shot. The bad news is Mule deer season ended yesterday, he thought it was safe to go about his business and you shot him today. tsk, tsk

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I don't know where to begin so first off congratulations on bagging a nice buck. Now I have some good news and I have bad news. Good news is that you are correct about reason some of your bucks have white antlers and some have chocolate, it's the genes. The right antler is typical for Whitetail but see those forks in left antler,that is typical of Mule deer. Soooo it appears his mom had a fling with a Muley buck. Same you and I,deer must declare a single race on paperwork whether they are mixed or not. Are you still with me? Ok,good. Mule deer season began 3 weeks ago and since he declared to be Muley,he disappeared rather than risk being shot. The bad news is Mule deer season ended yesterday, he thought it was safe to go about his business and you shot him today. tsk, tsk
The times have changed. Today people can choose what they wish to identify as, & change that identity as they wish. Why should animals be any different? This buck has some characteristics of both Whitetail & Mule deer (although clearly favors the Whitetail in most ways). I do not wish to discriminate in any way. I am not sure how this buck was identifying on that fateful day, but my tag says he is a Whitetail buck. The venison chili tastes the same, yummy!😜

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
The times have changed. Today people can choose what they wish to identify as, & change that identity as they wish. Why should animals be any different? This buck has some characteristics of both Whitetail & Mule deer (although clearly favors the Whitetail in most ways). I do not wish to discriminate in any way. I am not sure how this buck was identifying on that fateful day, but my tag says he is a Whitetail buck. The venison chili tastes the same, yummy!😜
I'm just trying to fit in within this new generation.

Screenshot_20231214_065918_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users