HST creeping when should be stopped

Stan Wetmore

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, and loader and front snowblower
Jan 17, 2013
Saint John, NB Canada
Hi
I have a BX1860 about 11 months old with about 80 hrs on it. It is a HST so has 2 pedals plus brake pedal. When using the forward pedal or the reverse pedal and only creeping up to something like hooking on trailer or whatever when I take my foot off the pedal it continues to creep on, sometimes for 6 feet or more. This happens in both forward or reverse. When I first got the tractor it did not do that. I had the 50 hrs inspection done by the dealer but when their mechanic tried it in the summer that particular day it worked OK.
What I do to stop it is just very lightly touch the opposite pedal and it will stop and sit there like it should. It seems like the pedals are not fully returning to the neutral position quick enough or sometime not at all.
Has anyone ran into this and what did they do.
Stan

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
how bout a quick jab on the brakes or getting a shop manual from Bota and doing some adjusting? Im getting a shop manual for mine shortly, they are great to have.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is something in the linkage that is sticking.
First thing to try is to grease the fittings for the linkage and peddles and check for any bent, loose, or broken parts.;)

Stan Wetmore

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, and loader and front snowblower
Jan 17, 2013
Saint John, NB Canada
Good ideas. I will try looking at the manual and see what it says. I will also try greasing it again, but I have done this in the summer and it didn't seem to help. Just finished snowblowing the driveway and broke my first shear pin on the garden ties that I thought were farther away. Oh well better a shear pin than something more expensive.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,
Look in the manual for a thing called "Neutral Holder Adjustment"
My tractor did that and i found out how to adjust the holder. Dont have a manual for your tractor.