Hst and hydraulic filter mx6000

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
What’s everybody using on their tractors I went on eBay and saw some knock offs but a little leary of using those

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I used OEM for 50 hr service and plan on continuing them going forward.

Reactions: 1 user

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
Just picked up a HST filter for my upcoming 200 hour service. $72.00. I may look into a more reasonably priced oil filter but will probably stick with OEM for the HST. If other users come up with a viable alternative, learning is why I joined this site.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
What’s everybody using on their tractors I went on eBay and saw some knock offs but a little leary of using those
You can probably buy OEM on eBay. Or mail order from Messick's or Coleman, if a dealer isn't close.

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
If you use your tractor much, you will spend more on fuel in a month or two than the price of an OEM filter. If you need to economize somewhere, skip the Starbucks latte, whiskey and cigs for a week :)

Trying to save money buying sketchy filters is very poor economy. I don't mind spending money on quality equipment because it is going to last IF you take proper care of it. When I installed my 40KW diesel powered standby generator three years ago, I ordered three proper Mitsubishi oil and fuel filters at the same time I placed the order for the genset. I order Allison spin on transmission filters for my GMC pickup 6 at a time and when I get low I order another case of 6 so there is never a question of having the correct OEM filter on hand.

Your local Kubota dealer may not be the best place to buy Kubota filters but if so then buy from another authorized Kubota dealer. It is very easy to create counterfeit products, labeling, and packaging and this practice has become extremely lucrative with online sales. There are a lot of items I won't purchase from Amazon because counterfeits in those product categories are so common; fake but realistic looking SD and CF cards are a good example but even lowly "coin cell" lithium batteries are another highly counterfeited product. Ebay is actually safer at this point because seller feedback is better "policed" and unlike Amazon, Ebay feedback isn't pooled together under one seller/item for different sellers and products.

My doctoral dissertation years ago focused upon grey markets, leakage between market segments, and free riding but counterfeiting was a related area I had to touch upon.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
If you use your tractor much, you will spend more on fuel in a month or two than the price of an OEM filter. If you need to economize somewhere, skip the Starbucks latte, whiskey and cigs for a week :)

Trying to save money buying sketchy filters is very poor economy. I don't mind spending money on quality equipment because it is going to last IF you take proper care of it. When I installed my 40KW diesel powered standby generator three years ago, I ordered three proper Mitsubishi oil and fuel filters at the same time I placed the order for the genset. I order Allison spin on transmission filters for my GMC pickup 6 at a time and when I get low I order another case of 6 so there is never a question of having the correct OEM filter on hand.

Your local Kubota dealer may not be the best place to buy Kubota filters but if so then buy from another authorized Kubota dealer. It is very easy to create counterfeit products, labeling, and packaging and this practice has become extremely lucrative with online sales. There are a lot of items I won't purchase from Amazon because counterfeits in those product categories are so common; fake but realistic looking SD and CF cards are a good example but even lowly "coin cell" lithium batteries are another highly counterfeited product. Ebay is actually safer at this point because seller feedback is better "policed" and unlike Amazon, Ebay feedback isn't pooled together under one seller/item for different sellers and products.

My doctoral dissertation years ago focused upon grey markets, leakage between market segments, and free riding but counterfeiting was a related area I had to touch upon.
Yea I’m going to buy OEM just thought I would get on here and see if there were other filters just as good as Kubota OEM filters, your right about the knock offs too there’s a filter advertised on Amazon that has the K painted around it much like the Kubota filters but at half the cost it has to be made from cheap materials, appreciate the feedback

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Yea I’m going to buy OEM just thought I would get on here and see if there were other filters just as good as Kubota OEM filters, your right about the knock offs too there’s a filter advertised on Amazon that has the K painted around it much like the Kubota filters but at half the cost it has to be made from cheap materials, appreciate the feedback
You are welcome! And with Amazon, the photo and what you actually receive don't always match and reviews aren't that useful either because what was true a year ago may be very different when it gets to what you order now.

Several years ago, I was getting ready to drive to Bowling Green to take delivery of my new Corvette Z06 and I needed to buy a SD card for the performance data recorder in the car. I ordered a couple of San Disk SD cards from Amazon and when they arrived they had poorly applied fake SD labels so I returned them and picked up a card on the way to the Corvette museum.

One of my former students interned with SanDisk and she told me at that time close to 80% of their in-warranty memory card returns were fakes. A few years after that, a colleague damaged his camera with a counterfeit CF card from Amazon. It was poorly made and the female socket on the card was too far out of tolerance and bent several pins on the camera side of the connector causing a short and damage to the main board in the camera. Canon repair stated that the camera wasn't economical to repair. Amazon generously replaced the defective card with a proper card but took zero responsibility for the collateral damage :(

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH

...I order Allison spin on transmission filters for my GMC pickup 6 at a time and when I get low I order another case of 6 so there is never a question of having the correct OEM filter on hand.

At $6/gal, with a burn rate of over 3 gallons per hour, you only need to run the tractor 4 hours at PTO speed to equal the price of the OEM HST filter. Adjust your hours slightly if your fuel cost is a little less than mine. It definitely won't take a month or more. Point is well taken.

How often do you change the filters on your truck's trans? Holy cow, a case at a time. I think its 150k filter replacement on a current Ford diesel, but I know you don't like transmissions without an external filter.

Finally, I definitely agree on the fraudulent OEM parts. Best to just acquire from the dealer.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
How often do you change the filters on your truck's trans? Holy cow, a case at a time. I think its 150k filter replacement on a current Ford diesel, but I know you don't like transmissions without an external filter.

Finally, I definitely agree on the fraudulent OEM parts. Best to just acquire from the dealer.
Allison recommendations vary based upon severity of service and type of fluid used, my use doesn't fit the severe duty recommendation (the 1000 series Allison is used in a lot of applications including refuse trucks and transit buses which are severe service) but I split the difference between it and general duty use and change the filter once a year or at 20K whichever comes first.

The external filter is an easy change and you only lose the amount of fluid in the filter when it is changed with none pouring out. So it is simply a matter of prefilling the new filter, remove the old filter, pull the ring magnet that sits in the filter mount area and wipe it clean, and then screw on the new filter. I buy them 6 at a time because it is convenient to order them that way and it is cheaper than driving to one of the medium/heavy duty truck parts places for them. Or for a truly high priced Allison spin on, buy it from a GMC or Chevrolet dealer :(

Allison transmissions also have an internal filter like other automatics but these are designed to be replaced only during a major overhaul but otherwise are good for several hundred thousand miles. I did have to replace mine when I bought a new GMC pickup because GM uses a special shallow transmission pan and I prefer the deep pan that Allison uses for all their other applications. The regular pan has a different filter and pickup tube than the stock GM and the original pan remains useful as a catch pan when changing oil filters and other parts :)

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
A good aftermarket engine oil filter will cost as much or more than a oem filter. I only use oem filters and trans/hyd oil. Plus high quality engine oil, shell rotella T6 is good stuff.