How to use standard pin-on attachement with Kubota Quick Hitch?

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hey guys-

I have a BX-25D with LA240 that I purchased new last year. I'm looking for a grapple and found this (new model?) on everything attachments: https://www.everythingattachments.com/Root-Rake-Grapple-For-Kubota-BX-p/ea-bx-wrrg.htm

The description says it fits pin-on configurations for several FEL models (including my LA240).

Here's my question: I have the Kubota Quick Hitch system on my FEL. To alleviate confusion, I attached a picture of what that system looks like (poor branding by Kubota on this system). In order to make this grapple compatible with my Quick Hitch, I think I just need to permanently install a pin in the center of the grapple. Is this correct? Is so, does anyone know what pin I would need to install in that center position and where to find one?

**Sorry if this has already been addressed. I tried searching but found lots of posts discussing a 3 point "quick hitch"...Hence the comment about bad branding by Kubota.

Attachments

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
If i am reading this correctly then you need to go to a tractor supply store and get a pin the same size as the one you already using on your bucket and put it on the grapple if your not wanting to move pins back and forth. I am assuming the grapple will already have the center mount installed since your saying it list your type already.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Thanks Redlands. I guess I just need someone to confirm that's all the quick hitch system requires to convert a regular pin-on bucket to be compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I'd order the pin from Messicks. I like everything attachments' post hole digger...Wish I saw their grapple before I bought the land pride one I bought...I've had to reweld and reinforce the whole thing.

I'd call everything and ask...The owner answered when I called and was quite helpful.

Do you already have the aux hydraulic kit to run the grapple?

Last edited:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I'd order the pin from Messicks. I like everything attachments' post hole digger...Wish I saw their grapple before I bought the land pride one I bought...I've had to reweld and reinforce the whole thing.

I'd call everything and ask...The owner answered when I called and was quite helpful.

Do you already have the aux hydraulic kit to run the grapple?

Thanks I'll try calling EA. Getting the EA 3rd function kit when I order the grapple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk