How to remove old warning labels?

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
I have several warning labels that need to be replaced. What is a good way to remove the old torn labels?

Thanks...

Never mind.... can't delete this post so I'll just say what i did.

Used a heat gun to remove the labels and some "Pure Citrus Orange" Air Freshener - its natural oil removes the gum adhesive.

Last edited:

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I have several warning labels that need to be replaced. What is a good way to remove the old torn labels?

Thanks...

Never mind.... can't delete this post so I'll just say what i did.

Used a heat gun to remove the labels and some "Pure Citrus Orange" Air Freshener - its natural oil removes the gum adhesive.

Yeah heat gun works great didn’t know about the orange though. Smells like a good way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
We use these at work:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7cc65uogx1_e

Our trucks have large decals on the doors and numbers on the fenders. When the decals get ugly or we sell the trucks, we use these wheels to get the old decals off. We use the solid wheels. They work best with light pressure and going into the decal (so the loosened material is thrown toward the undisturbed decal). If you push too hard they have a tendency to get out-of-round and want to bounce as they turn. Going into the decal lets you see better what is going on.

I bought a few at an automotive store to try them. They work so well, I've been ordering quantities off the 'net.

EDIT: These wheels do take most of the adhesive off.

Last edited: