How to remove m7040 hood

Jb35401

Equipment
Kubota m7040, l3400
Feb 24, 2022
West alabama
Rats have chewed into something and tractor won't even illuminate the dash lights or anything else. Huge nest at end of engine against firewall. Cant access anything with hood in the way. I can disconnect the gas shock but that doesnt help. Hood must come off to access damage to fuel hoses and wiring.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
After you disconnect the shocks, stand in front of the tractor and pull the hood toward you. The hinge mechanism is a two piece part that just slides apart (and back together ) to reinstall. May have to give it a cou-le of light jerks to pop it loose. And raise the hood slightly so you don’t drag anything across the top of the engine. Have a place to set it down cause it’s a little awkward to hold. The front guard will need to be down as well.

Jb35401

Equipment
Kubota m7040, l3400
Feb 24, 2022
West alabama
After you disconnect the shocks, stand in front of the tractor and pull the hood toward you. The hinge mechanism is a two piece part that just slides apart (and back together ) to reinstall. May have to give it a cou-le of light jerks to pop it loose. And raise the hood slightly so you don’t drag anything across the top of the engine. Have a place to set it down cause it’s a little awkward to hold. The front guard will need to be down as well.
Thanks! couldnt tell trying to look from the front and FEL is blocking view also. I was trying to figure a way to remove the hinges. This is much easier.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Yeah. I tried to figure out how to remove the hinges too. After a couple of hours I got a little frustrated and then saw how the hinge worked. You can put it on and off by yourself. Just take it slow. Putting it on, you will set the hood forward of the hinge about two or three inches, carefully lift the hood until you see the hinge parts are aligned ( good light makes that easier) then slide the hood to the rear and make sure the hinge mated. Lift the hood and reinstall the shocks and that’s it. Good luck.