How to fix this grease fitting?

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
B2650, BH77, SG0660 grapple, pallet forks, Bobcat 60" box blade
Oct 5, 2021
Got my B2650 used, so there's a few peculiarities to it I'm trying to fix.

One is this grease fitting. It's inside the right arm of the loader. The one on the left side points up, which makes it a lot easier to get a grease gun on. This point points down. I'm assuming I can tighten it until it points up? But I don't see how that's going to be possible unless I remove the loader arm. Am I right in all of that?

Attachments

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
You should easily be able to turn, or even replace the zert without removing the arm. If it will not tighten enough to access it, you may need to loosen it instead.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Try with the loader all the way up. Tighten it so it’s in the best position. It looks like it’s been getting grease so that’s good.

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
Oct 5, 2021
Well, I admit I didn't even try to get a wrench down in there...I just didn't think there'd be enough room to get on it. :whistle:

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
Oct 5, 2021
:rolleyes:

Well, I am completely shamed. An 11 mm wrench works perfect to tighten it around. Didn't even need to raise the loader (though I think that might give better access, if I'd needed it).

Sorry to have wasted time...but I promise the NEXT issue I post about won't be so obvious.

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I like simple fixes.

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
:rolleyes:

Well, I am completely shamed. An 11 mm wrench works perfect to tighten it around. Didn't even need to raise the loader (though I think that might give better access, if I'd needed it).

Sorry to have wasted time...but I promise the NEXT issue I post about won't be so obvious.
No worries, we all have brain freezes once in a while.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Got my B2650 used, so there's a few peculiarities to it I'm trying to fix.

One is this grease fitting. It's inside the right arm of the loader. The one on the left side points up, which makes it a lot easier to get a grease gun on. This point points down. I'm assuming I can tighten it until it points up? But I don't see how that's going to be possible unless I remove the loader arm. Am I right in all of that?
Just an observation. When my brand new K loader was delivered, NONE of the grease fittings were tight. Very annoying.
In general, the fittings are embedded in 1/4 inch steel. If tightened to max thread, the butt of fitting would be so tight against pin, may not accept grease ❓❓ might be a recess in the center circumstance of the pin, not sure.❓ Before realizing fitting were loose, several popped out w/ first greasing. Did NOT tighten them to max thread depth. Again YMMV, YMMV. YMMV. 🙈

Reactions: 1 user

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
Oct 5, 2021
Just an observation. When my brand new K loader was delivered, NONE of the grease fittings were tight. Very annoying.
In general, the fittings are embedded in 1/4 inch steel. If tightened to max thread, the butt of fitting would be so tight against pin, may not accept grease ❓❓ might be a recess in the center circumstance of the pin, not sure.❓ Before realizing fitting were loose, several popped out w/ first greasing. Did NOT tighten them to max thread depth. Again YMMV, YMMV. YMMV. 🙈
I could see a lot of threads on the fitting so I figured it had some room for tightening. It went a half turn tighter pretty easy, and happily took grease this morning.

Loremaster72

Equipment
B3000, Loader, MM Mower +
Sep 21, 2019
Bolivar, OH
Tapered threads, like grease fittings usually use, give you a degree of flexibility in how tight you can take them to get alignment and sealing at the threads at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user