How to clean out a culvert

Henro

Well-known member

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
6,110
3,401
113
North of Pittsburgh PA
Déjà vu?

I swear I have seen that video before and can't help but think it was here at OTT. Even the comments seem the same...but probably just similar. I guess it could have seen it elsewhere, which would then be TBN I suppose.
 

cuboodle

Member

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
43
97
18
PA
I did this in Georgia as a kid. I worked for a landscaping contractor. A new subdivsion was going in and beautiful lots were graded and staked off. The blacktop roads were perfect but the 10 metal culverts were packed full of mud and runoff silt. My boss bid them at 1500 a culvert. He "obtained" a fire hose and the hookups needed to connect to the fire hydrants.. He made 15K in 2 hours I got my 8 bucks an hour and soaking a## wet.
 

fried1765

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
8,001
5,188
113
Eastham, Ma
Yeah…I wondered that also. Maybe push a long pole thru and then use it to pull the cable or chain.
It is only a problem the first time......not a problem 2nd time, if you just left the chain in there!
 
Last edited: