How to clean out a culvert

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Déjà vu?

I swear I have seen that video before and can't help but think it was here at OTT. Even the comments seem the same...but probably just similar. I guess it could have seen it elsewhere, which would then be TBN I suppose.

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
I did this in Georgia as a kid. I worked for a landscaping contractor. A new subdivsion was going in and beautiful lots were graded and staked off. The blacktop roads were perfect but the 10 metal culverts were packed full of mud and runoff silt. My boss bid them at 1500 a culvert. He "obtained" a fire hose and the hookups needed to connect to the fire hydrants.. He made 15K in 2 hours I got my 8 bucks an hour and soaking a## wet.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yeah…I wondered that also. Maybe push a long pole thru and then use it to pull the cable or chain.
It is only a problem the first time......not a problem 2nd time, if you just left the chain in there!

Last edited:

Paul Paulista

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade
Nov 5, 2023
California
Maintaining culverts is crucial for preventing water drainage issues, erosion, and environmental damage. Cleaning out a culvert may seem daunting, but with the right approach, it becomes a manageable task. For those seeking professional assistance, Emop offers expert cleaners with a chance to receive cashback up to £150 for their services. To delve into the intricacies of culvert cleaning, check out this comprehensive guide. And for hassle-free professional cleaning services, visit Emop. It's time to ensure your culvert stays clear and efficient for optimal water flow and environmental balance.
I guess there should be some more effective options than that. While watching the video I was waiting for the chain to break because of the intense pressure. This time the driver was lucky.

Last edited: