How to adapt stock rear remote ports?

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
I want to add rear remotes to my MX5800 using Summit Monoblock Hydraulic Directional Control Valve, 4 Spool, 4 Float, 11 GPM.

To keep it a clean install, I want to connect hoses from the Summit valve block to the hydraulic ports under the seat, where the factory rear remote valves would normally mount.

I would also like to connect my backhoe there, rather than running it to the loader valve and block under the right side floorboard.

What do i need to do to connect to the hydraulic ports under the seat? Is there an adapter for this use?
If there isnt an adapter, what do i need to do to make one?

Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I want to add rear remotes to my MX5800 using Summit Monoblock Hydraulic Directional Control Valve, 4 Spool, 4 Float, 11 GPM.

To keep it a clean install, I want to connect hoses from the Summit valve block to the hydraulic ports under the seat, where the factory rear remote valves would normally mount.

I would also like to connect my backhoe there, rather than running it to the loader valve and block under the right side floorboard.

What do i need to do to connect to the hydraulic ports under the seat? Is there an adapter for this use?
If there isnt an adapter, what do i need to do to make one?

Thanks
You would have to make an adapter plate for the the underseat ports. You will first need to reverse engineer the port and mounting bolt pattern and then machine the block from a chunk of aluminum. Are you a machinist?

It can be done. I did it for my L3901 but it was trial and error to get it right. I started by removing the factory blockoff plate and using my milling machine and DRO to transpose the mounting hole layout. Once I had the mounting holes right i approcimated port locations and made an adapter plate. Test fit to tractor, adjust port locations as indicated, and try again. Probably half a dozen iterations to get a satisfactory fit.

Personally I dont see the need or advantage of using those ports given the valve you have chosen. Just plumb it up off the loader valve and remember the backhoe must be the last valve in the chain.

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
I am a machinist, and at work we have tools to help us reverse engineer things.

I thought this might be a little tidier way to plumb in. I'll re-evaluate.

If I do go this route, what are each of those ports? There are 3 under the cover and one back a few inches that just has a plug in it, right?

Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am a machinist, and at work we have tools to help us reverse engineer things.

I thought this might be a little tidier way to plumb in. I'll re-evaluate.

If I do go this route, what are each of those ports? There are 3 under the cover and one back a few inches that just has a plug in it, right?

Thanks
I dont know the details of that particular manifold but you can make an educated guess based on the parts manual pages.

One port on the base plate is pump pressure out, the other is pump pressure return, and the one with the intermediate pipe is tank return. The tank return is not part of the outlet flange and would require a separate connection like the OEM pipe.

I was not aware of a fourth location. The pligged hole is probably the location used for the tank return pipe. It might make things a little neater if you use it for the tank return on the 4 spool monoblock vslve. I am a very big fan of neat..

Dan

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is the factory block to add valves.
Not an easy part to make.
1708369030373.png

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
So, in that diagram, the diamond shaped block should be pressure, pressure return, and tank return ports. Then, the pipe labeled 120 is another tank return.

Do I have that correct?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So, in that diagram, the diamond shaped block should be pressure, pressure return, and tank return ports. Then, the pipe labeled 120 is another tank return.

Do I have that correct?
I dont think so. I see two formed pipes in that welded assembly. One is pressure out and the other is pressure return. The transmission base plate portion of the assembly only has two ports in it.

The valve mounting manifold portion of the assembly has three. The loose pipe (120) connects the tank return port on the valve mounting plate to a third port in the transmission housing. That would be the plugged hole you are seeing. Kubota has used that arrangement on a lot of different models.

You have the tractor. Pop the blockoff plate off the transmission and see if I am right.

Dan

Last edited:

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
Thanks guys.

I see what you are saying about 2 pipes coming off the base portion, but there must be one port just blocked off because there are 2x 030 o-rings and 1x 020 o-ring in the base. Can't tell from the diagram which ports the pipes go to.

Landpride made their version using a solid aluminum block rather than having pipes.

I'll take the plate off and have a look this weekend.

Thanks again.

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
At approx 12:30 in this video you can see how land pride did their version.

It does look like 2 ports under that cover.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks guys.

I see what you are saying about 2 pipes coming off the base portion, but there must be one port just blocked off because there are 2x 030 o-rings and 1x 020 o-ring in the base. Can't tell from the diagram which ports the pipes go to.

Landpride made their version using a solid aluminum block rather than having pipes.

Thanks again.
Thanks guys.

Thanks again.
Yes I see there are three orings but only two pipes. Interesting. Have to take it apart to see whats going on. Unless you are going to fit sectional valves I dont see the utility of using those ports.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
At approx 12:30 in this video you can see how land pride did their version.

It does look like 2 ports under that cover.
The standard Ls are oddballs The L2501, L3301, and L3901 have two ports but both go to tank. Nothing at all like the Grand L. The adapter block is tank return only. Pressure in and out is handled with hoses. The L4701 looks just like the Grand L and your MX.

Dan

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
Related to this; my backhoe currently comes off the loader valve using 1/2" hoses and fittings. The valve for rear remotes will also be 1/2" in and out.

The 3rd function valve uses 3/8".

Since the backhoe needs to be last in the circuit, can I tee off @ the loader valve with 1/2" going back to the rear remotes and backhoe and 3/8" going to the 3rd function?

It seems to me this should work and I wouldn't risk slowing down the backhoe.

Am I right about this?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Related to this; my backhoe currently comes off the loader valve using 1/2" hoses and fittings. The valve for rear remotes will also be 1/2" in and out.

The 3rd function valve uses 3/8".

Since the backhoe needs to be last in the circuit, can I tee off @ the loader valve with 1/2" going back to the rear remotes and backhoe and 3/8" going to the 3rd function?

It seems to me this should work and I wouldn't risk slowing down the backhoe.

Am I right about this?
No. You cannot use tees - it has to be a serial daisy chain.

is your third function ahead af the loader valve? Kubota's practice is to put it after the loader and ahead of the backhoe. In any event 3/8" hose is not going to slow anything down.

Dan

JeremyFromWork

Equipment
MX5800, BH92, LA1065
Feb 18, 2024
IN, USA
Sorry I wasn't clear. The backhoe is coming from the loader valve right now.

I am adding rear remotes and the 3rd function.

When I am done, it will go...loader valve....3rd function.....Rear remotes....backhoe.

Thanks again.