how heavy is too heavy of a grapple

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I have a 64" grapple that weighs just over 500lbs. My 4760 has the same loader and lift ratings as the 6060. I have loaded tires and carry a ballast box that weighs close to 1,000 lbs. To me it is a good combination and has plenty of capacity.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
First, I do not own a grapple, but there have been several comments indicating that the FEL lifting capacities are computed to include a bucket, presume the OEM bucket.? The rating may note the capacity a specific distance forward of the hinge pin but that reference could be applicable to other implements, such as forks.
I note this because my owners manual does not mention that the bucket weight is calculated in the capacity. I purchased the MX w/o an FEL. When I purchased the new FEL from a Kubota dealer in 2017, they readily deleted the bucket from the purchase. Got the impression that bucket & SSQA were a la carte in the purchase. If the bucket is included in calculation, should Kubota specify the OEM model or a bucket weight allowance❓ BTW, lifting capacity on my MX very limited. 1000 lbs lifts rear w/ an implement 3 point attached. Tires not loaded due to increased turf damage during wet spring mowing Does have 900 lb. All glass aftermarket Agrital cab.