How does the grill attach on my B7200

M00ND0G

Equipment
Lawn mowing
Apr 26, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Hello Folks, I purchased an old B7200HST and am trying to put it back together. So far so good but I ran into a snag. The grill is out of it so I purchased a new one and can not see how it attaches to the tractor. There is the radiator core support then nothing. I must be missing a piece but the diagrams are very vague on this point. Can someone take a picture of how their grill is held in?
Now I am talking about the piece (skirt) I guess they call it that mounts under the headlights.

M00ND0G

Equipment
Lawn mowing
Apr 26, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Actually if someone has a picture of how their grille/skirt is attached that would be a great help also. Otherwise I can rig something up with bailing wire and duct tape which it looks like I may have to do.

Fastest1

Equipment
1994 B5200 FEL
Dec 9, 2012
Conroe, Texas
My 5200 has a spring that pulls it in. It isnt very sturdy and needs improvement. It is an old tractor though and like you, I am not sure if all of the parts are there. It does work regardless.

Last edited:

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Springs hold the grill in place on my B7200. Not very hard to remove, but it's a pain to put back on.

M00ND0G

Equipment
Lawn mowing
Apr 26, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Ahhhh springs, ok. I will need to put hooks on the plastic part; that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you gentlment for your help. Since I am doing this from scratch I can put the springs where they will be easy to put on and take off. I will tackle that this weekend and hopefully hava a pic.

:)

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Three words! Orange Duct Tape! Can't go wrong, maybe a little orange plastic baler twine for reinforcement. :D