Hose dust caps that stay on?

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Anybody else find that the rubber OEM hydraulic hose dust caps for the male ends don't stay on very well? I've been searching for metal caps which we used on the jaws of life hoses, but can't seem to find them. Any ideas out there?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Anybody else find that the rubber OEM hydraulic hose dust caps for the male ends don't stay on very well? I've been searching for metal caps which we used on the jaws of life hoses, but can't seem to find them. Any ideas out there?
You know anyone with a 3D printer?
Maybe they could print some out of TPE of another flexible filament.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I've actually found the opposite- K ones stay on. The aftermarket ones I got do not. Chinesium measurements I guess are not good enough.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I've actually found the opposite- K ones stay on. The aftermarket ones I got do not. Chinesium measurements I guess are not good enough.
Which ones are those..? ..”opposite-K”….?? Do you have pics or a link available?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I find the male end rubber hose caps never stay on.

Try finding some soft poly hose with an internal diameter that fits snugly over the male end, then use a plug on the hose to keep the dirt out.

I prefer using flat faced couplers on my loader attachments. No dust caps. My 3PH side male hose caps just keep falling off and I say "oh well".

Reactions: 1 user

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
My factory male caps come off as well. I am using the cheap plastic blue pipe caps that come on pipe or fittings as a protector. Just happen to have a box of various sizes and types that I never threw away. I even save the plastic caps that come on battery posts. You never know if you will find a use for them some day. Maybe this is the reason why I have so much "stuff"

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My factory male caps come off as well. I am using the cheap plastic blue pipe caps that come on pipe or fittings as a protector. Just happen to have a box of various sizes and types that I never threw away. I even save the plastic caps that come on battery posts. You never know if you will find a use for them some day. Maybe this is the reason why I have so much "stuff"
"Pack rat" ??
Me too !!!

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Great suggestions Mikester , Donystoy I think I'll start looking here!:giggle:
packrat.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Poor punctuation on my part. I meant that the factory Kubota fit better on mine than aftermarket ones.
The factory ones on my B2601 are useless. I have given up, I wipe the male ends with a rag before connecting the loader. Or sometimes don't wipe them at all. Not as I'd want it to be, but after trying a few fixes to keep them on I gave up.

DaveD

Equipment
B1700 HST 1996, LP grading scraper & box scraper, Bush Hog SQ60 & aerator
Jun 30, 2021
Central Virginia
I found Snap-tite aluminum caps for my B1700 FEL attachment, but they were so expensive that I bought only one, just to try it out. This was several years ago and I don't remember where I got it. For the 1/4" FEL fittings they are Snap-tite AMPH-4 plug and ADCH-4 cap. I bought the cheaper plug and it works well. To attach the plug, the hose fitting sleeve has to be pulled back and it is sealed on with an O-ring. It comes with a chain for attachment to the hoses/control valve.

If I were to replace all the rubber plugs and caps with these, I would not attach them to the tractor but would keep them in the shed where I store the tractor and FEL. Attaching caps and plugs to the FEL valve and hoses just keeps them totally dirty with dust and dirt when not in place, and unless they are cleaned thoroughly before use they simply add to the dirt problem instead of preventing it. (However, that seems to not be anything to be concerned with my 26 year old B1700, as I've been doing that all along with no problems.)

I did a quick look but didn't find them anywhere this morning. The closest I got was here: https://www.hydradynellc.com/product/amph-4/h-series-dust-plugs-and-caps?q=amph-4, but since both 1/4" part searches return the same AMPH-4 plug photo and price ($11.34 each for the simpler plug), I suspect that they may not even have both in stock.

Below is a screen clip from the Snap-tite PDF.

Please update this thread if you do find them available.
1686829204725.png