Homestead Implements - might be a solution for your needs (especially with 0% financing)

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
For those that are not following the Everything Money Attachments thread (where EA zealots argue with EA naysayers, while most in the middle - like me- find it somewhat bizarre), I posted some information about Homestead Implements. I do not own nor have I ever seen a Homestead product, and I can say the same about EA products. From my signature, you can see that I have Land Pride and one Dirt Dog (Box Blade) implements. I am pleased with my Dirt Dog box blade, but the only reason I have it is that my dealer did not have a similar LP Box Blade in stock. I was fortunate in that my dealer had my tractor and all attachments/implements in stock, when I purchased in Feb. 2021 - no waiting (well, the 3rd function kit did take a week to arrive/install).

The point of this post is that Homestead Implements might offer some people what they are looking for in an implement.

Homestead Implements: small US company manufacturing their products in the US (upstate NY), their time to deliver is 10 weeks, their prices are competitive/same as others, they offer free delivery to your door and they offer 0% financing on items costing more than $500.

FWIW, they partner with the Hamiltonville Farm YouTube channel; you can see their products being used.

Just something to consider.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Another option for grapples is Precision Manufacturing. Tractor Time With Tim on YouTube has one on his John Deere 1025R. Looks pretty nice, it's a dual/split lid as well.

Greg

Reactions: 1 user

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I just bought a box blade from Homestead about... I don't know, 4 weeks ago or so... At the time it was an 8 week lead time. About a week after I bought it I got an email saying they were running about 3 weeks behind schedule since they can't get welders. I'm looking forward to getting it.
I totally understand the lack of welders. Where I work we will basically hire anybody right off the street who can stick 2 pieces of metal together. We are so short handed - in EVERY department.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I have a Pinnacle series box blade from them, the quality is outstanding. I do think the extra $$ for the pinnacle series is worth it. I just ordered a grapple from them as well, scheduled to ship week of Aug 30th. I don't mind waiting for a quality product like this.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Curious why are people not considering Landpride? Too expensive? Not in stock?

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Another option for grapples is Precision Manufacturing. Tractor Time With Tim on YouTube has one on his John Deere 1025R. Looks pretty nice, it's a dual/split lid as well.

Greg
I have the Precision Standard Duty 333D72 for my M5660 and I'm happy with it overall. The only thing they could have improved upon would be greaseable pivot points for cylinder and grapple lids. With that being said, with my frequency of use and abuse level, they should last me until I die.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I chose the Homestead over Land Pride because it is way more rugged, 1/2" steel on the box blade. Homestead also offers a 10% military discount.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I agree - Land Pride was my first choice for everything, and I would think that people should be shopping LP, Woods, Bush Hog and etc. I got the Dirt Dog Box Blade because an LP unit would have meant a 2 month wait. I bought the Kubota, and within 3 weeks I had moved/leveled over 40 tons of crusher gravel (driveway refresh and prepared a 35x35 foot site (dug out to level, filled with gravel) tractor shed site.

I will note that Homestead's 0% financing on implements (not part of a tractor purchase) might be unique and is certainly attractive (why save up when you can have it now - or in 10 weeks - for the same total cost).

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
To do a direct comparison I looked up my Landpride RB3784 hydraulic angle blade invoice. I paid $2000 delivered no extra tax. It is ~720 lbs with the hydraulics. It is 630 without (to compare to Homestead pinnacle). I cant exactly tell what the weight on the pinnacle 84 is, but the pinnacle 60 is only 285 lbs. The LP72 is 600 lbs. The LP 84 is 630 so figure 1 foot = 30 lbs. That puts the pinnacle 84 at 345 lbs as a rough guess. There is no way I would consider a rear blade that light. It is the weight of that blade that does the work, not the HP or weight of your tractor.

Update: Found the spec sheet on the pinnacle 84. It is 270 lbs (not 345).

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Inre Homestead I am definitely going to consider them for future purchases. They look like a solid company. 10% will help also!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Don’t know for sure. When I bought my tractor I knew little about box blades, dealer had the Landpride in stock, price was decent, and it looked like it was heavy enough to take whatever the tractor would give it. Ripped the base on a 30 something year old gravel road with it, reshaped the base to put a crown on it, and spread 170 tons of 3/4” gravel on it. Have since used it to reshape the root infested turnouts for the road, flattened a couple of washed out paths, and refreshed several ditches on the property. At a bit over 500lb it has been a reasonable complement to loaded rears for counterweight for the loader and has sufficient weight to cut our red clay hard pan, usually without needing the rippers.

Looking at it from 20’ or 6” it shows use but no damage. It doesn’t have hydraulics or a swinging rear gate. Just a basic box blade. If I was making a living with it I might want the swinging rear gate and/or hydraulic control on the rippers. There may be better deals or more functions with other manufacturers. For my usage I’ve been very pleased with the LP box scrape.

G-grandpa

May 15, 2021
Western Ma
I purchased a Homestead 55” pinnacle grapple, weighs in around 285lbs, still Have about 5 weeks to wait till arrival however.. I paid in full but the financing is a great option…
I bought Homestead from reading there website and that’s all.. I believe that for my use this is going to last me and whoever owns it after me…

some people like green tractors and others like orange..

MidwestMike

Equipment
B2650
Sep 12, 2019
Coloma, MI
Kubota dealer told me sometime next year for a grapple, and that there was no way I would find one in stock even heading out of state. (They usually have 40 tractors on the lot, they have 4 now). Maybe 4 Kubota attachments on the whole lot, counting ballast boxes.

Besides the EA wait, there is another vendor that I have an order in with that lists 4-6 weeks lead time.

After I order (and pay!) I speak to them on the phone and they say the lead time is really a lot more than that.
I ask why they don't update the website so people don't get upset with the delay, and they said they did not want to upset the people with current orders when they see the new lead time is so long out.

Unreal...

snakepilot

Equipment
Kubota B2601 with LA435, BH70, Wicked 55 Grapple, Dirt Dog Box Blade
May 21, 2021
Jasper, Georgia
Kubota dealer told me sometime next year for a grapple, and that there was no way I would find one in stock even heading out of state. (They usually have 40 tractors on the lot, they have 4 now). Maybe 4 Kubota attachments on the whole lot, counting ballast boxes.

Besides the EA wait, there is another vendor that I have an order in with that lists 4-6 weeks lead time.

After I order (and pay!) I speak to them on the phone and they say the lead time is really a lot more than that.
I ask why they don't update the website so people don't get upset with the delay, and they said they did not want to upset the people with current orders when they see the new lead time is so long out.

Unreal...
It seems reasonable that dealers and vendors should be able to check their computer and tell me when my order will arrive with an accuracy of days not months...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
It seems reasonable that dealers and vendors should be able to check their computer and tell me when my order will arrive with an accuracy of days not months...
We are in uncharted territory. You can not blame the dealer and they can not blame the suppliers. The supply chain is all messed up. Go order a new trailer or a new pickup and listen for the wait times that will be provided.

Nobody knows what is going on at the ports either. Ships are standing by to get unloaded.

Place your orders set back, grab a beer and wait for things to work their way back to normal.