Homestead 84" Land Plane - Pinacle

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
With my prior plan of ordering an EA land plane now just too hot to touch......
Does anyone here have the Homestead 84" land plane, and what are the opinions, please.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I”ve got a Kubota Land Plane and it’s the cat’s ”meow”. I use it on a mile of dirt & gravel road.
Although I don’t use the “Quick Hitch”… it’s certified “compatible”, if you do.
It’s blades are double-edged/reversible and so are the “shoes” …which should provide extended life. Excellent heavy-gauge frame, welds, and hardware. Likely “in stock” at your Kubota dealer.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I”ve got a Kubota Land Plane and it’s the cat’s ”meow”. I use it on a mile of dirt & gravel road.
Although I don’t use the “Quick Hitch”… it’s certified “compatible”, if you do.
It’s blades are double-edged/reversible and so are the “shoes” …which should provide extended life. Excellent heavy-gauge frame, welds, and hardware. Likely “in stock” at your Kubota dealer.
Kubota Land Plane = Landpride ?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Kubota Land Plane = Landpride ?
Yes… sorry… Land Pride is the actual brand name. (kinda like a “xerox copy” instead of “photocopy” I suppose) I saw one “lightly used” on sale for $1100 from one of the used tractor outfits… I’ll try to find it and give a link if interested..but you know how to do that. I was just commenting on the quality being quite good.)

Last edited:

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Does anyone here have the Homestead 84" land plane, and what are the opinions, please.
I have their 72" land plane. Overall I'm happy with it -- have used it for smoothing some ground (our soil isn't the best for it, TBH) as well as maintaining our private road some, in combination with a landscape rake. I have not tried adjusting the edge cutting depth, though like that I can, or can adjust it down as the blades wear.

It's heavy-duty, I like having the scarifiers on it. Wish it were a bit heavier, but been working on building some weight boxes for it to add extra weight when needed.

I do think I slightly bent the angle iron for one of the blades. Got it hung up on a stump from when we had the area forestry mulched. Haven't taken a straight edge to it to confirm, but that's my fault for not seeing/catching that, and even then it brought the tractor to a stop with very little if any give.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
I have their 72" land plane. Overall I'm happy with it -- have used it for smoothing some ground (our soil isn't the best for it, TBH) as well as maintaining our private road some, in combination with a landscape rake. I have not tried adjusting the edge cutting depth, though like that I can, or can adjust it down as the blades wear.

It's heavy-duty, I like having the scarifiers on it. Wish it were a bit heavier, but been working on building some weight boxes for it to add extra weight when needed.

I do think I slightly bent the angle iron for one of the blades. Got it hung up on a stump from when we had the area forestry mulched. Haven't taken a straight edge to it to confirm, but that's my fault for not seeing/catching that, and even then it brought the tractor to a stop with very little if any give.
I should also add I have a Homestead landscape rake and grapple as well. Honestly they have all met/exceeded my expectations. I don't film EA videos with them so they're not horribly abused, but they're not just pretty lawn ornaments either! :)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't like that they bolt the angle that holds the cutting edges onto the plane, and there looks to be minimal welding of many of the pieces in that implement ... based on the images on their website.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes… sorry… Land Pride is the actual brand name. (kinda like a “xerox copy” instead of “photocopy” I suppose) I saw one “lightly used” on sale for $1100 from one of the used tractor outfits… I’ll try to find it and give a link if interested..but you know how to do that. I was just commenting on the quality being quite good.)
Am inquiring for a friend, with an M62 TLB, so 84" landplane must be beefy,..... being pulled behind 62HP!
Friend never likes buying used!

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
It is not the horsepower that is the main issue, but the actual weight-tractive force available from the tractor.
I can not imagine getting an implement that is less than 100lbs per foot width when in reality it should be a minimum of 150 lbs per foot and ideally 200 lbs per foot.

Maybe consider one of the following? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It is not the horsepower that is the main issue, but the actual weight-tractive force available from the tractor.
I can not imagine getting an implement that is less than 100lbs per foot width when in reality it should be a minimum of 150 lbs per foot and ideally 200 lbs per foot.

Maybe consider one of the following? :unsure:

Thank you!
I really LIKE that idea.
My friend can definitely afford it, so I will recommend same!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I’ve had the Landpride 2584 (7’) for several years. Other than breaking some scarifier tips it’s been flawless. I think it weighs over 800 lbs. I’d recommend it!

IMG_0519.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

KKBL

Equipment
L2501 HST QA 525 loader, 42" forks, brush hog, grader/box/back blades
Jan 5, 2022
Girard, PA
We purchased a new Woods brand 72 inch with scarifiers several years ago to use on a 1/2 mile private drive. I could not find any used ones around here at that time and had to order it. Paid around $1200 at the time as I recall. Very well made - works great and still looks nearly new now.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The Homestead Pinnacle series are rated up to 56hp and the 7ft (84") model only weighs 550lb so not a good choice for an M62 TLB. The Land Pride GS2584 is rated up to 90hp and weighs 850lb and is rated for M series tractors.

My EA Wicked Xtreme V2.0 land leveler weighs around 800lb. I still think that EA makes (made) one of the best grading scrapers out there with the strongest scarifiers and mounting behind the cross bar.

ea_land_leveler_1.jpg

land_leveler_05.jpg

Reactions: 1 users