Homemade Disk Drag

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I made a drag for my 4' disk this weekend and it worked great. I bought an 8' x 7.5" wood post from TSC and cut it down to 6'. I Attached it with 2 pieces of 6' chain doubled over. I made sure there was enough chain to allow the post to be rolled on top on the disk for transporting. It really did a good job of leveling while disking and covered soybeans nicely. A few times where I needed more weight, I just rolled it on the disk, made a few passes, then rolled it off and leveled it in one pass.

Attachments

uncle carver

Equipment
L3200dt 4x4 industrial tires
Jun 20, 2014
terry,ms hinds
buy a sheet of 4'x8' section of expanded metal and another timber. cut it down to 6' . bolt it to both timbers(2" lag bolts with washers) and you got a humdinger of a harrow. You can also use a section of Cyclone fence between the timbers.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
buy a sheet of 4'x8' section of expanded metal and another timber. cut it down to 6' . bolt it to both timbers(2" lag bolts with washers) and you got a humdinger of a harrow. You can also use a section of Cyclone fence between the timbers.
Many of our plots are small and require some tight turning. Your design would probably do a better job than mine but then it would prevent me from backing up.

I'd like to see a picture of your rig. It may be something I'd like to add to my arsenal in the future. Thanks

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great job on a simple solution to your problem!

uncle carver

Equipment
L3200dt 4x4 industrial tires
Jun 20, 2014
terry,ms hinds
BtheAM BAM I don't have one but I have seen them used in horse arenas. Yes they would be a problem turning around. They are great for covering grass seed and dressing lawns for sod.