High time? 2010 M100X with 6200 hrs

ShawnG

Equipment
M100X
Jan 8, 2022
Kansas
Nice shape - doesn't look like it has that many hours on it. Will use for light bush hogging and blading the drive. No loader, starts runs idles good, no noticeable blow by. Delivered to my barn for $19,000 Good deal or run away?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: starts runs idles good, ok..does it DRIVE in every gear ? test drive for at least 1/2hr. There was appost last week, 'ran at seller, bought, died 10 minutes on buyers farm'.... PTO works, 3PH works ?
simple math ...10 year old tractor, so about 600 hrs a year, 50 hrs a month, 2hrs per day so probably not abused.
so it 'sounds' like a good deal..gotta be cheape rthan a new one ,IF you can find one.

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's a whole lot of tractor for your intended tasks. I would not worry so much about the hours. If you don't have a tractor with a loader already I would pass. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

ShawnG

Equipment
M100X
Jan 8, 2022
Kansas
That's a whole lot of tractor for your intended tasks. I would not worry so much about the hours. If you don't have a tractor with a loader already I would pass. Good luck.
Agree - that is my main holdup. Very costly to put a loader on it. Believe I'll be whacked out on value with the hours on it if I buy a loader.

ShawnG

Equipment
M100X
Jan 8, 2022
Kansas
re: starts runs idles good, ok..does it DRIVE in every gear ? test drive for at least 1/2hr. There was appost last week, 'ran at seller, bought, died 10 minutes on buyers farm'.... PTO works, 3PH works ?
simple math ...10 year old tractor, so about 600 hrs a year, 50 hrs a month, 2hrs per day so probably not abused.
so it 'sounds' like a good deal..gotta be cheape rthan a new one ,IF you can find one.
Good advice. It's at a dealer and they have driven it around the lot and tested everything. I would do so in person before purchase. Agree - 1/2 hour running test is needed.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Nice shape - doesn't look like it has that many hours on it. Will use for light bush hogging and blading the drive. No loader, starts runs idles good, no noticeable blow by. Delivered to my barn for $19,000 Good deal or run away?
Sounds like a pretty good price. But the bigger question is is it close to what you would buy new to suit your needs? Adding a loader isn't usually cost effective unless you fall into a good deal on it.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
What a new loader worth? When I purchased a used tractor the dealer put a new loader on it. (Quicke x series) in Canuck dollars I estimated it to be $5000 dealer cost. There are used loaders around too if one waits and travels a bit. ?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I do not know the tractor, but do know that I would be curious if those 6000 hours were simple "key on" hours, or hours accumulated by a mechanically-driven hour meter that is based on engine RPM.

The mechanical hour meter registers one hour for each hour the engine is running at 540 PTO RPM on many, or maybe most, tractors using one. While the electric hour meter likely just shows key on time, and will continue to run, on at least some tractors, if the key is left on when the engine is not running.

For some reason this difference means something to me...I guess if I were looking at two tractors that had the same hours, and one had a mechanical hour meter, while the other had an electric hour meter, I would consider the one with the electric hour meter to have less actual use hours than the other.