Hi All new here B2650 owner with some extras

Woodstove

Equipment
B2650-LA534-BH77- 60"MMM-72" scraper blade
Jul 4, 2017
Hagersville ontario Canada
Hi all new here ,last week picked up a 2014 B2650HSD , it came with a 60" mmm , LA534A loader and a 54" bucket with quick release, It also has the BH77 backhoe and thumb. So far iam having a lot of fun with this new to me tractor, thought it little odd that to use the MMM I had to use the 3PT hitch to raise and lower it but it did do a nice job on cutting the lawn. Wondering what else I need to buy to complete the package for a southern Ontario Kubota owner with a big smile.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
You opened a can of worms with your question about what else you need. The difference between need and want is huge. Anyway, I define need by my pocketbook. If I can afford it, I need it.

Woodstove

Equipment
Jul 4, 2017
Well I guess a can of worms is right , the backhoe was a want and the tractor and loader were a need, and the deck was a bonus. This machine has been a lot of fun . So far I have dug up 4 stumps and big old concrete post, graded the driveway and now have uninstalled the loader and backhoe ,installed the 60" mower and cut the grass. Life is good

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Do you have hooks on your bucket? If not you may want to consider that. Look through the Fabrication section to get some ideas. The anchor hook in the middle was a suggestion from a forum member that I had not thought about and mine turned out really good. I got my materials from another forum member, Ken's Bolt on Hooks. The bolt on looked good but I went with weld on.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Well I guess a can of worms is right , the backhoe was a want and the tractor and loader were a need, and the deck was a bonus. This machine has been a lot of fun . So far I have dug up 4 stumps and big old concrete post, graded the driveway and now have uninstalled the loader and backhoe ,installed the 60" mower and cut the grass. Life is good
The longer you stay on this forum, the more stuff you will want or need. If you have time, look back at some of the posts for a year or more. You may find some members that you want to follow and borrow their ideas. Don't get so lost in past posts that you are not reading the current ones. This place never seems to run out of ideas.

Woodstove

Equipment
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks Stmar putting on some hooks was one of the first things that I added , I found a fellow on youtube that has a BX25 that (Paul & Kathy Short )he put his hooks on the inside of the bucket to help with cable or strap spring back .The cable will hit the bucket rather then come over the top and hit me.
Thanks Armylifer the little that I have looked around I find more things that I want to add to my collection ,I may have to work another year to support my tractor habit.

Attachments

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
Rear blade, box scrapper, front mount snow blower and the block heater.

Last edited:

Woodstove

Equipment
Jul 4, 2017
I was given a 6'- 3 point hitch scraper blade ,it is a good fit for my machine. I have been looking at a box blade, it would help out on my 600' of gravel driveway . I was also thinking of getting a quick hitch to make life a little easier changing things. What do you guys think about the quick hitch I can see the benefits are there many disadvantages

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
the disadvantage to a quick hitch is, if you have older equipment it may not fit!
I have five pieces of three point equipment that I had with my old ford n tractor, the quick hitch won't fit any of them.
like maybe your scrape blade?

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
same issue with the quick hitch. my cousins husband gave me a quick hitch unit as a gift.. it only works with a couple of my implements. the other implements, i would have to modify either the hitch or the implement, to get them to work... if i knew where it was bought, i would trade it for something i could use..

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Same here with regards to the quick hitch... bought one late last year and used it once. Haven't put it on or even thought about it in 6-7 months. Looks real pretty sitting in the back of the garage though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woodstove

Equipment
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for your experience guys , I'm going to hold off on the quick hitch. I've started making a 3pt trailer hitch which will be very handy for me ,and seen a boom hoist that I think would be handy and pretty easy to make.Hey Pauly mine came with a block heater ,good thing winters can get pretty cold here . Lately all I've been doing is enjoying cutting grass so I've had the loader and backhoe off, but a friend was coming that hadn't seen it yet so I put everything back on ,well you know to brag a little bit. This is my first diesel machine , man they sound mean when you start them ,love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
The block heater is real nice. Just plug in an hour before using, she starts right up and hit's the first temp bar straight away. There are some that say you don't the heater but.......your tractor will thank you.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
NEPA, that looks like it could hurt someone. Especially if the wife found out I invested in that piece of equipment, she was not that happy about the new tractor, lol.