Help with warning light

johnny51

Aug 14, 2014
TN
I am looking to buy a tractor. I went and looked at a L4350 yesterday. While test driving, a warning light came on. The symbol was a gear with a drop of oil in the center which I believe is the transmission/hydraulic warning symbol. My question is this a deal breaker or could it be something simple I would need to look into further before passing on this tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A little more info might be helpful,, is this from a dealer or someone off craigs list, how many hours on it what kind of shape is it in, any service records for this machine,, can you see any leakage any place you know stuff like this

johnny51

Aug 14, 2014
TN
This is from an individual on craigslist. It has 1600 hours. No visible leaks. It started right up, ran strong and everything worked like it should. The tractor itself looks like one that has been stored outdoors, paint a little faded and some surface rust here and there. The tractor has sat for about 7 months due to owner being ill.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am looking to buy a tractor. I went and looked at a L4350 yesterday. While test driving, a warning light came on. The symbol was a gear with a drop of oil in the center which I believe is the transmission/hydraulic warning symbol. My question is this a deal breaker or could it be something simple I would need to look into further before passing on this tractor.
First thing is to check the fluid level........then again it might a light to "remind" someone to CHANGE the fluid......

looking a little deeper......filter is clogged!!!!