Help with rear hydro

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Hi Guys,

I just bought a BX1870D, and was looking at the rear bagger. BUT, since it's more expensive than a Cyclone rake... I was having a hard time swallowing that price tag.

So... local to me, I found a bag system off of another tractor, but the blower is run from a hydro motor. (opposed to the PTO) Knowing that the BX25D is very similar to mine... and knowing that it has rear hydro connections for the backhoe.... I was wondering if anyone can post a picture, or at least explain where those lines are tapped in to.

FYI... I did buy the FEL, and have that valve in place. I guess in a pinch, I can just make up some long hoses, and plug into those fittings... but I would rather clean up the installation with rear connections.

Thanks for any help you can give.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will need a motor control valve to run it.
And if it's too much draw it will bog the rest of the system down.

You can connect to the BH ports if you also need the three point control (or I do believe the MMM control too) it will not let you be able use both at the same time.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
You will need a motor control valve to run it.
And if it's too much draw it will bog the rest of the system down.
That has been a concern. But I don't think the hydro motor on the bagger is too power hungry. The tractor it came from was a smaller garden tractor.

You can connect to the BH ports if you also need the three point control (or I do believe the MMM control too) it will not let you be able use both at the same time.

That's actually what I'm asking about. My tractor doesn't have the rear BH connections, and I was wondering where they are tapped into with the BX25D.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a hydraulic line that runs from the pump to the three point control that could be used.
You would need to have longer lines made up and add a valve into that loop.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
There is a hydraulic line that runs from the pump to the three point control that could be used.
You would need to have longer lines made up and add a valve into that loop.
Thanks.

I was studying the service manual after dinner tonight, and I was thinking that hose fed the break out for the FEL. Your comments confirmed that.

OK... so a valve... then in/out... and back into the FEL hose.

I should probably set it up with a solenoid type valve, (easy on/off) and a bypass on a needle valve so I can "Throttle" the blower speed.

The nice thing with using that hose... if it doesn't work... I can just plug it back into the trans housing. (no perm mods)

I'll post up pics once I get this all together.