Help with L235dt

TexasTrophyHunter

Equipment
L235DT
Jan 26, 2014
Edgewood, TX
Hello Everybody!!
I'm new to the forum. I've been searching the internet for help fixing my Kubota and stumbled across the forum. I have two problems with it. The first is that it is stuck in low range. I wasn't concerned about this because I didn't want to tear it down to figure it out but yesterday I noticed hydraulic fluid was leaking from the right side lift arm. So I tore it all down this afternoon. Are the little plastic bushings the only thing that seal the rod that the lift arms attach to or should there be o-rings? I saw one o-ring on the left side but not the right.
Now since I have all that apart I started looking into the issue with the hi-low range issue. I know the previous owner really well and I know eh layer it on its side once. My best guess is the rod on the left that guides the gears over with is bent. Once I disconnected everything I go the gears to slide over to high range. Is Kubota dealership the only place to go for parts on these old tractors?
Sorry that was so long. Lol

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

When I was doing a lot of repairs on my L235 DT, I got all (most) of my parts diagrams, illustrations, and parts from www.messicks.com Just follow the prompts on their page.

Ron