Help required with wheel & tyre size/fitment.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
yep, sure did see them, and would you believe it, they are mine which i've listed as they are not the right size for my B6000.:confused:

Which is why i put this whole subject of rim changes up ;);)

thgansk for the reply though.

rob

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
I'm able to manage enough traction with a set of 4 link tire chains on my B6000E (2wd & turf tires) for snow blowing. The differential lock seems to get out of trouble every time one wheel looses the grip on ice. I'm thinking about a weight box mounted on the draw bar for next winter on help backing up hill. The 4 link chains are probably the least $ road to traction unless you happen upon a parts buggy that has what you need. Search out the link on this site for the hub adapters. That's a definate way to open up the door to more common wheel/rim fitment options for you.

Roboden

Equipment
B5100DT
Dec 4, 2009
Collegeville, PA
:)OK, I quit.... I'm just gonna use the 2 link v-bar chains. We just went thru the East Coast Winter Disaster this year, and my primary Wheel Horse 520 H with the 44" 2 stage blower just did magnificent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxPAd65Ksb4

All I wanted the sneaky B5100 for was as a second backup to my main plow unit, a fully restored Wheel Horse 953 using the standard Wheel Horse large frame snow blade and 2 link v-bar chains. I (re)built a new plow frame to fit both the Wheel Horses and the Kubota by adding a pair of simple weldment extensions to the rear to attach it to the Kubota mower deck rear axle plates, and an extra cross member weldment up front to use the Kubota front belly mower lift points. This is not a primary money pit tractor(yet) and having the Simplicty 7790 as a grass cutting unit does make it easier to mount 'something' on a tractor and leave it on, so that was the reason for putting the new heavy frame plow on the heavier tractor - the B5100 outweighs the 953 by about 250 pounds, has 4wd high/low and a locking rear.

Lets see how this all shakes out... I have to spread my tractor money across four of them, so this could be interesting.

Thanks for all the research and insight guys.

Rob

Jesse Rieber

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Dec 2, 2023
Marstons Mills, MA
Hi Rob
There were 3 B6000 models a B6000, a B6000E and a B6000E-T
The tire sizes respectively were 6-12 and 7-16, 400-9 and 7-16, 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15. The B6000E-T I assume is turf tires.
The tractor is slightly slower with the turf tires.
Ed
You may be able to help me. I have a B6000. I am trying understand your reply above. I want to run turf tires on front and back with the proper mechanical gear ratio. I want to know rim and tire sizes for front and back for this machine please. Thanks

Jesse Rieber

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Dec 2, 2023
Marstons Mills, MA
thanks for that Ed, looks like I'll be needing the 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15 then for my application. problem now is that i'll be different wheels again for those size tyres.

do you know of any other kubota or similar wheels that will work.

thanks
rob
Rob this is Jesse. I just read your reply here. I want to make sure I get it right. I have a B6000, it has 20-8.00-10s on the front (turf tires). If I am understanding what you said, I will be all right re: 4 wheel drive use, if I install 27-8.50-15s on the back?

Jesse Rieber

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Dec 2, 2023
Marstons Mills, MA
thanks for that Ed, looks like I'll be needing the 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15 then for my application. problem now is that i'll be different wheels again for those size tyres.

do you know of any other kubota or similar wheels that will work.

thanks
rob
Further to my question, if 27x8.50-15 turf tires are correct for the B6000 with 20x8.00-10 front turf tires, any idea where I could get the rims for the rear tires and what size they should be

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Further to my question, if 27x8.50-15 turf tires are correct for the B6000 with 20x8.00-10 front turf tires, any idea where I could get the rims for the rear tires and what size they should be
Jesse...You win the prestigious...........

"Reply to the oldest thread award"

:ROFLMAO: (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
You may be able to help me. I have a B6000. I am trying understand your reply above. I want to run turf tires on front and back with the proper mechanical gear ratio. I want to know rim and tire sizes for front and back for this machine please. Thanks

1701634043691.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jesse Rieber

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Dec 2, 2023
Marstons Mills, MA
I
Jesse...You win the prestigious...........

"Reply to the oldest thread award"

:ROFLMAO: (y)
I'm not sure what the response means, but I am still trying to ascertain if 20X8.00-10 on front and 27/8.50-15 on the rear is the correct TURF TIRE ratio which will allow 4 wheel drive without destroying my machine. I may be responding to an old thread, however why repeat things if someone sees to have had the correct answer in a past thread?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I'm not sure what the response means, but I am still trying to ascertain if 20X8.00-10 on front and 27/8.50-15 on the rear is the correct TURF TIRE ratio which will allow 4 wheel drive without destroying my machine. I may be responding to an old thread, however why repeat things if someone sees to have had the correct answer in a past thread?
The last time @Roboden was on this forum was in 2014 so I doubt he will answer questions.

And I have no idea what the answer to the question is or was so can’t help you.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I

It was an attempt to point out, using humor, that that thread was very old, and that you might get better results by starting a new one.

No insult or malice was intended.

Jesse Rieber

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Dec 2, 2023
Marstons Mills, MA
The last time @Roboden was on this forum was in 2014 so I doubt he will answer questions.

And I have no idea what the answer to the question is or was so can’t help you.
Sorry missed the humour, but that's ok. Started a new thread by way of an ad seeking the rims. Really crazy cannot find the rims anywhere. Apparently, the rims need to be 7" width inside bead and 15" high. I can find them in 6" and 8" inside bead, but then that throws off the inter axel ratio whch would damage the 4 wheel drive feature.