Help please with bx2200

Orangenoob

Equipment
BX2200
Jan 24, 2022
Europe
Hi all. I'm new to Kubota. Recently got a bx2200, but it is acting up now after a few months stand still. I'm hoping someone here can help :)

So this is what happens: Top fuse blows as soon as I turn the key to 1'st position. Fuelpump still runs, and glow plugs work, and I can start it, but only as long as I have the key fully turned into start position. As soon as I let go of key and it returns to run, it cuts off. Also cuts off if I ease it back to glow position.

Don't know what the top fuse do, but I guess it's related. I'm not used to working on Kubota, so it's all a bit new to me.

I have made sure there is a good battery, and the battery is solidly connected, also on ground point and starter.

I don't see any wires rubbing on ground or things like that.

I have wiggled wires and connectors.

I can not hear anything from the solenoid on the pump, when I turn key to run position, but hr. meter and feed pump runs.

I have checked and lubed connections to ign. switch and solenoid.

Under seat, I have two wires looped together. I'm guessing a seat switch bypass. No change if connected or not.

Please, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Defective ignition switch. Turning the switch to crank bypasses the run contacts, which is why it stops once it is started. My guess is that it is shorting out internally to activate the stop solenoid.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
As Rusty said, it could be the ignition switch. The fuel shutoff solenoid is another potential culprit. Some of these solenoids have one connection for the start position and another for run.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi all. I'm new to Kubota. Recently got a bx2200, but it is acting up now after a few months stand still. I'm hoping someone here can help :)

So this is what happens: Top fuse blows as soon as I turn the key to 1'st position. Fuelpump still runs, and glow plugs work, and I can start it, but only as long as I have the key fully turned into start position. As soon as I let go of key and it returns to run, it cuts off. Also cuts off if I ease it back to glow position.

Don't know what the top fuse do, but I guess it's related. I'm not used to working on Kubota, so it's all a bit new to me.

I have made sure there is a good battery, and the battery is solidly connected, also on ground point and starter.

I don't see any wires rubbing on ground or things like that.

I have wiggled wires and connectors.

I can not hear anything from the solenoid on the pump, when I turn key to run position, but hr. meter and feed pump runs.

I have checked and lubed connections to ign. switch and solenoid.

Under seat, I have two wires looped together. I'm guessing a seat switch bypass. No change if connected or not.

Please, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I have a BX2200 and understand the circuit that operates the fuel cut off solenoid pretty well.

The fuel cut off solenoid has two coils, one that operates to pull the solenoid in and allow the engine to start, and a second coil that holds the solenoid in to keep the engine running.

You obviously have an issue related to the run, or hold, coil. Since the engine starts but will not keep running.

Your could verify this by removing the solenoid coil from the injector pump. The engine will likely start and run. Easy to do, but then you need to put it back in place to shut the engine off.

I would suggest you unplug the fuel cut off solenoid and see if the fuse still blows. If it does the issue is in the wiring somewhere. If the fuse does not blow, the issue is likely in the fuel cutoff solenoid. With a short circuit likely being internal to the solenoid.

Reactions: 1 user

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Another thing that will cause the symptom you describe is if the two work light leads under the seat are shorting together or plugged together.

Reactions: 2 users

Orangenoob

Equipment
BX2200
Jan 24, 2022
Europe
Hi again, and thanks to all for the help. It is now running fine again.

Turned out that the two wires to aux light under seat was still connected, hense the blown fuses. In the messing up, i missed the blown fuse after disconnecting, so ruled those wires out again, and reconnected. Dumb, yes I know. But wires disconnected, and a new fuse, and all is back to usual self.

Impressive how I missed that, and what a mess it made.

Thanks everyone for helping me out :)

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Folks that get a new toy, once they get it home, go over it looking at very little thing. They lift the seat and see the lead for the aux work light and think "must've come disconnected" and plug them together.....and you know the rest of the story.

I know this to be true. I made the exact same mistake years ago! ! :rolleyes:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi again, and thanks to all for the help. It is now running fine again.

Turned out that the two wires to aux light under seat was still connected, hense the blown fuses. In the messing up, i missed the blown fuse after disconnecting, so ruled those wires out again, and reconnected. Dumb, yes I know. But wires disconnected, and a new fuse, and all is back to usual self.

Impressive how I missed that, and what a mess it made.

Thanks everyone for helping me out :)
I am going to have to check my BX2200. Forgot to when going out to plow some snow this morning. BUT I do not think there are any wires under my seat.

I remember it being reported that some of the last BX2200 models actually share the wiring of the next model in the series...maybe you have one of those? OR maybe my memory of what I have is wrong. Next time I am at the tractor, If I remember, lOL, I will report if there are any wires under my BX2200 seat.

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Henro, I have a BX22 and never laid eyes on a BX2200 but have been told they are sim ilar other than the sub frame for the backhoe on the B22. That is the only reason I offered up my suggestion cause I saw the wires under my seat and well, my prior post explains it all !! :p