Help identifying box blade

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
I purchased a 4 foot box blade at an auction yesterday. Not that it really matters, but I was trying to determine who manufactured it. The sides are 16x22, 5/16" and it has 3 ripper shanks. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Couldn't find any markings at all.

Attachments

Last edited:

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I was at that auction also. I bought a 5 foot KK box blade last week but went to the auction to see how much that box blade would sell for and to bid on the post hole digger. You got a good deal on that blade. I don't know what brand it is but it looks heavy duty.

Here is a picture of mine.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Don't know what brand but, don't plan on doing heavy digging with those teeth. Those 2 flat bars from side to side will twist. You can make it so much stronger by welding a flat bar on top (ok) and bottom (better). Look at other box scrapes to see what I'm talking about. Glad to see you got all the teeth. Most used ones are missing 1 or 2.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
To build from ipz2222's concern, you could easily box in those two bars that hold the rippers with flatbar top and bottom. Easy fix and would stiffen that cross member a ton.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Must be the season - I'm switching to "spring" mode too - but there is no spring to speak of here. 19 degrees and windy at noon today.

Snowblower is off, and loader on anyways.

Found this at the dealership I bought tractor from. King Kutter, too. 4 foot BB48-XB-0. Paid $325. Used, but seems in good shape. Construction seems pretty decent - not real heavy duty, but will serve the purpose.

Attachments

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I purchased a 4 foot box blade at an auction yesterday. Not that it really matters, but I was trying to determine who manufactured it. The sides are 16x22, 5/16" and it has 3 ripper shanks. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Couldn't find any markings at all.
I use to have a 4' Tuffline with only 3 rippers, it looked just like the one you have.

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
alansz400
Re: Help identifying box blade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at that auction also. I bought a 5 foot KK box blade last week but went to the auction to see how much that box blade would sell for and to bid on the post hole digger. You got a good deal on that blade. I don't know what brand it is but it looks heavy duty.
Yea, I thought it was a good deal. I think most of the other folks interested in it left early. Seems the stuff Im interested in sells last...or in this case ...second to last. LOL. It should do what I want though.

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Yea when I was walking to the truck I was kicking myself for letting that blade slip away after wasting all day and only buying a box of tools that I didn't need.
Did you have a Kubota hat on at the auction?