HELP - BX-2370 Hydro Drive Weak - Foam In Hydraulic Fluid - 70 Hours

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I just bought this BX-2370 with a FEL. It has 70 Hours. Used, but may be under warranty. I used the tractor for six hours yesterday with no problems. I fired it up this morning and used if for about an hour and the Hydro drive would barely move the tractor. Pulled it in the garage......pulled the hydro fluid dipstick.....Foam...Bubbles.

The FEL and rear 3pt lift work okay but when I drive it, it will move okay at first, then get weaker and weaker until it hardly moves.

Fluid level is correct. Foam is not.

Should I go ahead and change the hydraulic fluid and clean the filter? Or do I have something else going on here......Thanks.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Might have air leaking into the fluid. Check your FEL connections and reseat them after you relieve the pressure of FEL with controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
Not sure if it is the problem or not. But get under the right side of the tractor and follow the linkage rod from the forward/reverse pedal back to where it hooks on to the transmission.

On the end of the rod is a ball and socket that goes through the control lever on the transmission. The nut that holds the control rod to the transmission control arm may have come loose. This has happened to a lot of BX series tractors. Tighten the nut back up and you will be good. I bought a new lock nut from NAPA auto parts and replaced the one on my BX2360. I hope this helps and that it is all that is wrong. When this nut comes loose you will get little to no movement on the transmission control arm.

Last edited:

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
Thanks Pap.... I discovered that is was the linkage nut earlier today. I had a lock nut with the same thread pitch and tightened it back up. I just had to remove the hydraulic filter to get to the linkage end. Simple fix, and all is good.

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
I am glad that was all it was. Like I said my BX2360 did it and I have read many other BX'S have done it. Things are good when the fix is easy.