help again B6100

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Now I know that my ZB6001 is the same as B6100 I am finding out more and more. This site is great. I was watching Service Dept Vic on the tube re PTO's he said if you own a early B series you should only use setting 1 with a grass cutter deck. I have been using setting 2 in second gear. Is this wrong? I have 3 PTO settings. Many thanks.

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Dunk

Most implements are designed to run off standard pto speed which is approx. 540 rpm. This will be equilivalent of setting one on your B6001. If the mower was designed to run off a higher speed you may get away with it. The higher pto speeds are generally used for the bolt on rotary hoes which are designed specifically the b6000 series.
Running standard implements designed for 540rpm at higher speeds which they are not designed for will likely cause them problems in the longer term and indeed it may even be unsafe.

hope this helps.

Cheers John

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
John
So it is more to protect the implement and safety than it will damage the tractor. I will now only use PTO 1. Many thanks again. As you can tell I am new to this. Yours Duncan

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thank you for the help. 45 years old and every day is a school day. Just about to strip the front axle and replace the oil seals also bushes on the swivel pin and 4x4 drive shaft tube (lots of wear). Any tips welcome as it seems lots to strip to get at that main pin. Duncan.