Heat control

Equipment
B2601
Sep 15, 2022
Ontario
Hello all has any one used the 3 way T port valve from Amazon. They come in stainless or Brass. Need to put one in the lines from rad to heater, I have to divert some anti freeze back to rad gets to hot in cab with straight flow. Also would have to direct the flow back to rad in the warmer months. THKS may orange be with you

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hello all has any one used the 3 way T port valve from Amazon. They come in stainless or Brass. Need to put one in the lines from rad to heater, I have to divert some anti freeze back to rad gets to hot in cab with straight flow. Also would have to direct the flow back to rad in the warmer months. THKS may orange be with you
Suggest you read this thread.
bypass valve
Dave

Equipment
B2601
Sep 15, 2022
Ontario
post a link

I just used a brass ball valve on mine to stop flow to my heater core, no need for a 3-way valve
Hello I posted this pic and there is a short 3/8" circulating hose from fan housing to thermostat so I don't think I can completely stop the flow. My heater hooks up to line from fan housing and runs through heater and back to thermostat in a loop. Because I can't restrict the flow of the line into the heater I think I need to deflect some of the flow back to thermostat line by the use of a 3 way T port valve to control the amount of hot antifreeze to the heater. Also I think if I close the valve in the warm weather no heat through heater just return flow back to thermostat connection. Hope my analysis is correct any thoughts THKS
B2601

1673129045978.png

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hello I posted this pic and there is a short 3/8" circulating hose from fan housing to thermostat so I don't think I can completely stop the flow. My heater hooks up to line from fan housing and runs through heater and back to thermostat in a loop. Because I can't restrict the flow of the line into the heater I think I need to deflect some of the flow back to thermostat line by the use of a 3 way T port valve to control the amount of hot antifreeze to the heater. Also I think if I close the valve in the warm weather no heat through heater just return flow back to thermostat connection. Hope my analysis is correct any thoughts THKS
B2601

View attachment 93611
Does your tractor have a Kubota cab?
I cannot find a model with one.
Dave

Equipment
B2601
Sep 15, 2022
Ontario
Does your tractor have a Kubota cab?
I cannot find a model with one.
Dave
No this model does not come with a cab but if you look in the fabrication section you can see the cab I built, I think I posted it last Sept,Oct around there

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I have my heater plumbed with an L port valve connected to the bypass circuit between the water pump and thermostat housing. My plan was to use a T port valve but I found the L port in my stash so I decided to try it first. I cannot regulate the flow through the heater. I can only select full flow to the heater or full flow back to the thermostat housing.
44102F41-67FC-49E8-B627-B0AF1B3BA129.jpeg
7A68D37C-BED2-4117-A8C1-B00353283908.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user