Headlights

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
I found the headlight bulbs for my tractor, at $15 each for 35 watt head lights I just gutted the headlight bulb holder and installed modern H3 100w bulbs.
If you don't have an upgraded electrical system stick with 55w bulbs, which are $5 or $6 each and you can get them at any auto parts store.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I thought I had posted on my replacement headlights for my B7100, but several searches yielded nothing. Anyway, I found these driving lights at O Reillys, glued a large o-ring (or maybe a vacuum cleaner belt?) to the front, and made new brackets to clamp them in place. They are about 100 times brighter than what was left of the originals. I think I still have the box they came in for brand, model#, etc., but it's 150 miles from here, and I have no idea when I'm going there next. Sorry.:eek:

Attachments

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Oh boy... I replaced my incandescent head lights on my B2410 with LED lights. I got them from www.superbrightleds.com. It is like a 747's landing lights! And they do not get hot.

I had to make one VERY easy mod. Led lights are polarized... this means for almost all Led bulbs the center pin on the bulb's base must be positive (+). My OEM Kubota wiring was (-) on the center pin. I just peeled back the electrical tape protection under the hood near the head lights, cut the wires (2) to the pair of lights and switched the leads. I soldered the swapped connections and used heat shrink tubing to waterproof and protect. Rewrapped the harness with electrical tape and bodda bing bodda boom.... I have some real kick ass head lights.

They are good for 30,000 hours and cost like $15 per bulb.

People see me now when I push snow... :D:D