Hauling a M7060

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Since the fact that I've hauled many,many loads of equipment having been employed by a JD dealer for over 21 yrs('66-'87) I'll state the man in the video had the break over binder on the chain exactly backwards from the way I was taught. I hauled several loads of tractors/equipment from factories in Iowa & Illinois so I've had my encounters with DOT & scale houses. I never duct taped or zip tied handle of break over binder after it was secured & never had one come loose. I always chained tractor at all 4 corners from frt axle & drawbar support. Granted DOT laws probably have changed since I left dealership in '87

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
Why are there so many pictures out there that show people hauling just the tractor? No only time I ever done that is the haul is back to the dealer. I always have some thing attached to mine.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
the man in the video had the break over binder on the chain exactly backwards from the way I was taught
Does it matter which way they go? Certainly if you put them in the opposite way it is easier to pull them closed rather than push, and I usually find they have to go the opposite way for clearance anyhow, but the forces pulling on the binder are the same either way.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
IMHO one can hold on to cheater pipe easier pulling cheater towards one's body rather than pushing pipe away. A cheater pipe that comes loose while applying pressure to a load binder is very dangerous flying OBJECT!!!::(

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Okay, it's just an easier/safer way to close the binder, not something that has to do with the actual transport. Just making sure.