Has anyone bought from eqpequipmenthvy .com ?

bsd

Equipment
L4060HST-LE, IH S300 ('55)
Jan 18, 2022
I frequently search classifieds, looking at tractors and accessories and this morning I came across a specific model that I've been pining for on eqpequipmenthvy.com

I've never heard of them before and during the registration process they ask for an upload of front/back of current drivers license.
That stopped me in my tracks. Too many scam artists. I've only ever uploaded such to government or bank websites, not run of the mill websites.

Has anyone here used them?

If I can get referral from other users I'd be happy to register.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
have to be SCAMMERS !
never,ever had to provide a driver's license for ANY online purchase, heck didn't need it to buy the Kubota or any other tractory purchase.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
After looking at their website I do not believe they are "scammers".
This is what they have to say as far as needing a govt issued ID to register as a bidder.

We don’t. The financial institutions, banks and other institutions ask for verification. By law, KYC (know your customer) is required for all financial institutions to establish the legitimacy of a customer’s identity and identify risk factors. KYC procedures help prevent identity theft, money laundering, financial fraud, terrorism financing, and other financial crimes. “United States: Pursuant to the USA Patriot Act of 2001, the Secretary of the Treasury was required to finalize regulations before October 26, 2002 making KYC mandatory for all US financial.”

As a side note , after reading the FAQ they are a "repossession" company. I read that as being much different than a auction company that relies on consignment of equipment.

As mentioned I do not think they are "scammers" in the conventional meaning but I doubt I would consider doing business with them after reading the FAQ page.

bsd

Equipment
Jan 18, 2022
After looking at their website I do not believe they are "scammers".
This is what they have to say as far as needing a govt issued ID to register as a bidder.

We don’t. The financial institutions, banks and other institutions ask for verification. By law, KYC (know your customer) is required for all financial institutions to establish the legitimacy of a customer’s identity and identify risk factors. KYC procedures help prevent identity theft, money laundering, financial fraud, terrorism financing, and other financial crimes. “United States: Pursuant to the USA Patriot Act of 2001, the Secretary of the Treasury was required to finalize regulations before October 26, 2002 making KYC mandatory for all US financial.”

As a side note , after reading the FAQ they are a "repossession" company. I read that as being much different than a auction company that relies on consignment of equipment.

As mentioned I do not think they are "scammers" in the conventional meaning but I doubt I would consider doing business with them after reading the FAQ page.
This is why I'm looking to find someone who HAS used them.

I know they're a repo company.
And
Can't say how I'd feel about it, I've never bought repo'd stuff before, but I can't say for sure whether I would or would not use them. Really don't want this thread to get into the banking/financing/repo side of buying, that's one deep rabbit hole. Need more than an L47 to dig that one.

I really would like hear from someone having used them.

Reactions: 1 user

bsd

Equipment
Jan 18, 2022
If it sounds to good to be true...
That's the general rule I live by.
But, before passing on an offer I thought it might be worth checking for positive feedback.
Thus far none. And when I tried to call the phone number listed on the web page it sounded pretty sketchy.
I'm writing this one off as a scam

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I frequently search classifieds, looking at tractors and accessories and this morning I came across a specific model that I've been pining for on eqpequipmenthvy.com

I've never heard of them before and during the registration process they ask for an upload of front/back of current drivers license.
That stopped me in my tracks. Too many scam artists. I've only ever uploaded such to government or bank websites, not run of the mill websites.

Has anyone here used them?

If I can get referral from other users I'd be happy to register.
I have done business with an aviation supplier in Pleasanton, Tx for 40+ years…and placing another order with them this last week they made the same “requirement” to place the order….a copy front/back of the credit card AND my gov’t I.D. (driver license).

They had already processed my order and told me it was their new policy to REQUIRE this info of all customers.…it was “mandatory”.

I reminded them I was a long-time customer, I had already given them my CC which they’d already had confirmation from the CC-company, and they had my shipping address….. In other words, “You’ve known me a long time and I am easy to find” …and “..if you require this info, then I will simply have to make my purchases at one of the many suppliers who do not require this of me.”

They quickly replied “It’s only a newly-required policy… and you do not have to comply. Thank you for your business.”

There AIN’T NO WAY I’m giving that info to a business (or a worker “Manuel Gonzalez” …his real name….who says it’s “required”). I forwarded my concern to the Accounting Dept of that company, J&J AirParts, …and the accountant/book-keeper (F. Aponte) merely forwarded my email right straight back to “Manuel Gonzalez” who strongly informed me he’d already told me I didn’t have to submit.

Their website has a full page of “privacy” policy info which promises to keep your data secure.

HOWEVER…Manuel asked me for that info in an email…not via their website.

Their “privacy” policy states specifically: “This online privacy policy applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline.”

Point being…if Manuel Gonzalez is harvesting his employer’s customer’s personal info….the CEO/Owner of that business may still not be aware of it since the book-keeper F. Aponte kept the info between Manuel and himself. 👿

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If it seems to good to be true,,, was advice I should have taken about a few girlfriends !

bsd

Equipment
Jan 18, 2022
I know the KYC law, and have given this info, to a bank employee, in their office. I've done it online for an overseas government application. Never online, for an small, unheard of, auction co.
This is definitely suspicious, and I have decided to pass... Too good to be true.

Not worth taking the chance. You can cancel a credit card, but you can't undo a mistake as big as giving away your dl.

Reactions: 1 user