Has Amazon ever sent you something you didn't order?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
My daughter had a commercial sprayer dropped off at her door. (commercial as in a $1400 sprayer)

She contacted Amazon but they never picked it up.

On a side note: I have never heard of this brushing scam, so thanks for posting that.

I will tell y'all that my wife and I "Froze" our credit years ago. It's free and does not hurt your rating. It is the best way I know of to protect your identity/credit...... It's free and easy.

Reactions: 1 users

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Last year I ordered 1 x 48" LED light. Amazon sent me 1 case of 48" lights (12 pcs) so over $1200.00 worth of goods. I contacted them (Amazon) to explain and was promptly told I received what I ordered....
So that was that, thanks for the lights.. Was never charged anything extra..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My daughter had a commercial sprayer dropped off at her door. (commercial as in a $1400 sprayer)

She contacted Amazon but they never picked it up.
Six or seven years ago I ordered a roll cage from Poison Spyder for my '98 TJ and it was around $850. When the pallet showed up at the local freight depot it looked like there was too much steel on the pallet. I emailed the company and they told me that there's a lot of steel in the roll cage and that all was good. I cut the metal straps and laid all the steel out and there were definitely two roll cages. I called them and they told me I was mistaken so I sent them photos and then it was crickets!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You can look at it this way.... THEIR computer is NEVER wrong, so accept the 'bonus' parts....
CBC Marketplace did a story, years ago, on where Amazon returns go well worth watching as it explains why they don't you to return stuff. It's far cheaper for them to allow you to keep whatever it is.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have a friend who order one of those big water tanks for his cattle. It was over $200. He waited a few days past it's delivery date and needed something so he went to town and purchased one. A few days later the order showed up when he wasn't nearby. He contacted them to return it and they said nope, keep it.

P0234

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
NoVA
As mentioned, brushing scams are really common. Keep that in mind when you read reviews on amazon. I was getting like 1 box a week with random crap in it, nothing worth over $10. Like a power supply for a Nintendo Game Cube and other just rubbish. It took a few chat sessions with Amazon to get it to stop.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

"Third-party sellers who use Amazon fulfilment centres are required to pay for picking and packing orders, shipping, handling and product returns.

If an Amazon customer wishes to return a product to a third-party seller, the BBB says a company might try to save money by choosing a private return address rather than having to pay the cost of shipping packages overseas or having them processed in fulfilment centres."

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
About five years ago I ordered a couple of irrigation solenoids. Received them three days before the guaranteed delivery date. Received two more on the guaranteed delivery date. Waste of time trying to correct the order.
Reminds me of the time I ordered a couple of 30 x 50 tarps from Princess Auto (similar to Harbour Freight). When they came in, I could see that there were two tarps tightly bundled together. Pointed it out to the clerk who in turn argued with me stating that it was what I ordered?????? So, I came home with two tarps.