Hard Drive Recovery Services?

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, progress is progress. I would try Transcend"s RecoveRx installed on Windows and see if it detects the drive. You don't have anything to lose if it does not detect it. It it does, make sure to have where to store what it recovers since you might have only one shot at it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well, progress is progress. I would try Transcend"s RecoveRx installed on Windows and see if it detects the drive. You don't have anything to lose if it does not detect it. It it does, make sure to have where to store what it recovers since you might have only one shot at it.
I downloaded this software and will install it and try it tomorrow probably.

I have over 400 GB of space on my SSD so I can't imagine I have that many photos...but if I do, I will take what I get.

Appreciate all the help!

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Whatever you do, do NOT use Best Buy, guaranteed to be gone forever.

Best method to get a drive connected to a PC is to put it in a drive enclosure, or get a USB-SATA adapter that plugs into the drive and a USB port. If the MB on the drive is still functional, then the drive will spinup and the USB drivers will install. Then you can go into disk manager and see if the drive gets listed and what condition it is in.

I have a Sata adapter that works on both 3.5 and 2.5 drives as the connections are the same.

$11 delivered if you have Prime. It can also be used to backup your computer by attaching a new drive and mounting the drive, formatting then assign a drive letter. Create a folder and just copy whatever you want to it. No fancy backup software needed.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am so confused now as to what I have done and not done, that I am going to throw in the towel and let someone give me an opinion on if the drive can be recovered or not.

This is crazy and probably because I have little interest in playing with computers. My weakness. But I accept it for what it is.

I so greatly appreciate all the suggestions and attempts to help me with this issue. Sincere thanks to all! REALLY!

I will report back with either success or failure at some point. Since it took a couple years to get to this point, not sure how quickly I will report back, but I certainly will...of course, we all know what best intentions are good for...as my mom used to say...best intentions pave the way to hell...LOL

jamecsen

Equipment
Kubota 5700
Aug 27, 2021
USA
You can try to diagnose the problem yourself. First, remove the system unit's internal drive by disconnecting the computer or removing the laptop battery. Remove the cover, disconnect the power and SATA cables, unscrew the fixing screws, and carefully take out the drive. But be careful not to damage anything because I know someone who lost data from a computer when doing these steps, but he got help at http://salvagedata.com! In the same way, connect it to another computer and check if the drive is available in the system. If it works on another computer, the problem is not with the drive but with the motherboard or other PC hardware.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
to each, their own
still prefer the PC platform cause after 4 decades ,NO 'apple' will run my engineering software.

Reactions: 1 user