Guns...Times have changed...

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
So if you go to the range "to check sights" before hunting season it would seem that you're not practicing all year. There are many that would have a problem with that too since you owe it to the animal to practice. Perhaps don't be so quick to make a judgement based on your limited experience and exposure.

Also, your opinion seems to be more about AR owners than the AR itself. An AR is just an inanimate object, a tool and nothing more.
It’s not worth debating. You like your AR. I’m not impressed with them. We are entitled to our own opinions. The people I know who own them aren’t hunters and aren’t accurate riflemen. You might be.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
What's that mean?
It means that the thread will turn into a pissing match between emotionally charged, crybaby, report button hitting anti-gun nuts and normal people. Then mods will have to push a couple buttons and close down the thread, blaming one side of the pissing match for causing the trouble.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Americans just don’t value their Bill of Rights enough. When the former PM of Australia that initiated the huge gun buy back after the Port Arthur massacre did his world wide speaking tour on gun grabbing made the following statement” of course we were able to take all their guns because they had no Bill of Rights to protect them - unlike Americans”.

Yes the constitution and its subsequent amendments are important but our Bill of Rights is what truly terrifies our government. It’s probably why it gets mentioned so little by them.

Reactions: 4 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It means that the thread will turn into a pissing match between emotionally charged, crybaby, report button hitting anti-gun nuts and normal people. Then mods will have to push a couple buttons and close down the thread, blaming one side of the pissing match for causing the trouble.
So far it’s not about Antigun. Just gun owners discussing gun choices.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Americans just don’t value their Bill of Rights enough. When the former PM of Australia that initiated the huge gun buy back after the Port Arthur massacre did his world wide speaking tour on gun grabbing made the following statement” of course we were able to take all their guns because they had no Bill of Rights to protect them - unlike Americans”.

Yes the constitution and its subsequent amendments are important but our Bill of Rights is what truly terrifies our government. It’s probably why it gets mentioned so little by them.
I doubt that members of congress or executive branch are terrified by the bill of rights. These are well supported. But there have always been regulations related to the bill of rights: citizens cannot own fully automatic weapons without a license and hunters have magazine limits on the number of rounds permitted. None of these infringe on owning firearms.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
So far it’s not about Antigun. Just gun owners discussing gun choices.
Who says its turned antigun? I said it would and was explaining in simple honest terms what a thread lock is.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I definitely disagree with much of that especially messing with the Constitution
Disagreement is fine, that is the whole idea in this experiment of a government.
As far as messing with the constitution. It started with just 12 amendments and is now at 27. It does change.

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
It’s not worth debating. You like your AR. I’m not impressed with them. We are entitled to our own opinions. The people I know who own them aren’t hunters and aren’t accurate riflemen. You might be.
I know all manners of AR owners. Even a couple that won Camp Perry. I think they might be considered accurate riflemen. LOL.

Reactions: 3 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
I doubt that members of congress or executive branch are terrified by the bill of rights. These are well supported. But there have always been regulations related to the bill of rights: citizens cannot own fully automatic weapons without a license and hunters have magazine limits on the number of rounds permitted. None of these infringe on owning firearms.
They could. And actually they do infringe.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
The anti gun people are nuts but the pro gun people are normal ?
Sorry but your bias is showing.
I am a little nuts but not anti gun.
I was just describing how the future lock of this thread will go down, this isnt about you.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Which are?
If you scroll through the OTT forum, you will find who the owners and administrators are.

Just a couple folks that do a great job in my opinion.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
They could. And actually they do infringe.
We all have opinions. I have been a hunter over 50 years and always complied with the legal magazine limits and never needed to exceed them. I’m glad that there are limits for how we use our firearms and don’t regard those who hunt by rapidly emptying their illegal high capacity magazines very highly.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
We all have opinions. I have been a hunter over 50 years and always complied with the legal magazine limits and never needed to exceed them. I’m glad that there are limits for how we use our firearms and don’t regard those who hunt by rapidly emptying their illegal high capacity magazines very highly.
Ive read the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and legal opinions of both. The second amendment doest have anything to do with hunting for food but rather hunting for Freedom.

Reactions: 6 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Many people are too stupid to have guns and they shouldn't have children either. Not much you can do about it. In some societies male criminals are castrated. That might be a good start. I secretly harbor thoughts regarding death row inmates and a large noisy wood chipper. Maybe when Elon Musk is president and critical thinking returns as the basis for decision making I will send him a tweet.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I know all manners of AR owners. Even a couple that won Camp Perry. I think they might be considered accurate riflemen. LOL.
Exactly! There are incompetent idiots with bolt action rifles just as there are incompetent idiots with semi-auto rifles. The idea that someone who likes ARs is a "toy soldier" is just ignorant, on numerous levels.

To assume that anyone that owns and shoots an AR isn't capable of accuracy and precision with that firearm or other firearms is just moronic. Also, the idea that anyone that hunts with an AR is automatically going to break state law is also ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't feel any poor judgment was used when referring to the "Toy soldier gun". It seems to have really hit a nerve with you.
Any ignorant or ill-informed comment hits a nerve with me.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Many people are too stupid to have guns
I took a CCW class years ago and there was a test at the end for "gun competence"
Consisted of standing in line, pointing a 1911 style pistol at a target 20 feet away and pulling the trigger. It had a laser bullet. pull trigger, lazer points at target.

There was a couple people that took that pistol and sighted down it like a rifle. Now if that had been real, the slide would have entered the brain via eyesocket, but darwin did not prevail .

Saw some people on the atv trail shooting ar15s, drunk and shirtless firing at targets 10ft away// darwin lost that day too.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I’m glad that there are limits for how we use our firearms and don’t regard those who hunt by rapidly emptying their illegal high capacity magazines very highly.
I don't know anyone who does that. I do however know people who don' t practice regularly but who head out each year and wound animals. Lots of that going on.