Guess what, Yep, started another project..I must be mad!!!

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Well guys , i havent finished the B6000 pto conversion fully and i started another project on it allready.:eek:;)

To be honest this was on the todo list before i decided to tackle the PTO conversion.

I am the proud owner of a "JDM" B6000, which is a great peice of kit, allmost indestructable( allmost ;) ) but it does have a few anoying areas of one is this.

The fuel tank/battery arrangment in "JDM" machine differs from european/uk version quite a lot.
Fistly its all been turned sideway-on , and has a silly little rod as the throttle control, it drives me mad sometimes.

So whats the answer then, get the correct parts, not an easy job as they never come up for sale as single parts, sometimes as a breaking machine but normally they are all broken, but i did manage to get the parts in the end.

If you recall a few months back i aquired a B6000 from a scrap yard, yep the one with the PTO reverser on it, and it was a uk spec B6000 , so i did what any bodger would do, i removed all the parts i needed before letting the machine go.

Finnally got it all prepped and painted ready to fit, uk spec tank & battery holder, proper hand throttle and foot throttle pedal linkage, etc etc all the bit needed to do the conversion.
So whilst i have the B6000 in a state of semi dismantled fittings i am going to take the opporttunity to do this project aswell, just makes sense to do it at the same time.:):)

a few pics, as it is, and also the replacement parts ready to fit.

rob

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Aha, before any says anything, yes i will be replacing the fuel guage pipe on the side of the fuel tank;)

also , not in the pic is the tank/battery mounting assembly, thats the whole section that holds the tank/battery etc to the chassis, it has the tool kit apperture in the side, it is specific to which version of tractor you have, so without this part the rest still would not fit my JDM model, also the bulkhead plate if differnt from the JDM version..

cheers
rob