GS Size Recommendation

Which size grading scraper would you buy?

• 60"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 72"

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 - loader, tiller, mower
Jan 15, 2019
Ohio

L3301 tractor. Loaded tires. 12' wide driveway, 2000' long. Level, new construction gravel driveway built with compacted limestone - will be topped with different gravel once complete. Used to level out potholes and control weed growth in the middle.

Logic says get a 6' wide, as to get the whole driveway with a down and back. Having never used a grading scraper, is this logic flawed? Should I get a 60"? Or another size?

Attachments

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.

L3301 tractor. 12' wide driveway, 2000' long.

Logic says get a 6' wide, as to get the whole driveway with a down and back. Having never used a grading scraper, is this logic flawed? Should I get a 60"? Or another size?
Up hill, level, what type of material? 100lb per foot width, or 160lb per foot width? Is your tractor ballasted, or are you going to ballast it? Plan on using scarifiers with it, or purchase without scarifiers?

Do you want to be able to use the implement to it's full capabilities with any of your circumstances, or are you satisfied to be able to do that only part of the time?

Every one of these questions answered helps determine what unit you should purchase.

I personally have a 5 footer that weighs 800lbs that I use behind my 32hp, 5000lb machine. No scarifiers, not even needed for my circumstances. I have packed decomposed granite and minor slopes to deal with. P4190015.JPG P4190010.JPG P4190013.JPG

Kmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 - loader, tiller, mower
Jan 15, 2019
Ohio
Up hill, level, what type of material? 100lb per foot width, or 160lb per foot width? Is your tractor ballasted, or are you going to ballast it? Plan on using scarifiers with it, or purchase without scarifiers?

Do you want to be able to use the implement to it's full capabilities with any of your circumstances, or are you satisfied to be able to do that only part of the time?
Thanks @MtnViewRanch , Ive added more information and a picture.