Grill guard pricing

Overleaf

Equipment
Grand L6060
Oct 14, 2023
North MS
New to forum and tractors. Just received a Grand L6060 with grapple and appears I need a grill guard. I like the Messick's but the shipping is $106 which is more than a third of the cost of the guard.

Any other suggestions for a guard that is more affordable is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
New to forum and tractors. Just received a Grand L6060 with grapple and appears I need a grill guard. I like the Messick's but the shipping is $106 which is more than a third of the cost of the guard.

Any other suggestions for a guard that is more affordable is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
How much does the grill guard from Messick's weigh?
If it weighs less than 70 lbs. (which I imagine it does), it can be shipped via USPS.
Messick's automatically quotes UPS shipping prices, but if you ASK.....Messick's will ship USPS,...... which is ALWAYS less expensive.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Try Lown. Easy to work with, very responsive and good prices. I’ve had good luck with them on multiple purchases.

Reactions: 3 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
2nd on Lown, here it is on my L47. Very well made. L47 Grill Guard.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Overleaf

Equipment
Grand L6060
Oct 14, 2023
North MS
How much does the grill guard from Messick's weigh?
If it weighs less than 70 lbs. (which I imagine it does), it can be shipped via USPS.
Messick's automatically quotes UPS shipping prices, but if you ASK.....Messick's will ship USPS,...... which is ALWAYS less expensive.
I agree with pricing from Messick's and the reason I wanted to buy from them (including the fact I've been soaking up Neil's videos). I like the look of the Messick guard. It costs $289 but then $106 shipping after that. I called and talked to someone about that in parts about USPS shipping and he was extremely nice but said that was the best price. The part weighs 18# per the website.

I like the 5-11 but even with free shipping it costs more than Messicks with shipping.

Just looking for other suggestions.

Thank you for the reply.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...with having to buy grease guns, straps and all the other accoutrements for a new tractor was trying to limit some cost. Not to mention the cost of the tractor itself.
I hear ya... Tractor budget should not only cover the cost of a tractor but also implements for it (mowers/tillers/BB, ect.), grapples, remotes, hydraulic Top-n-Tilt, third remote, grease and tools to work on it. Hate to see people spend all their money on just the bare bones tractor and have no money left over for implements to allow the tractor to work.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Try Lown. Easy to work with, very responsive and good prices. I’ve had good luck with them on multiple purchases.

A second nomination for this company. I love the guard I bought from them and I also bought the optional chain bucket.

Overleaf

Equipment
Grand L6060
Oct 14, 2023
North MS
I hear ya... Tractor budget should not only cover the cost of a tractor but also implements for it (mowers/tillers/BB, ect.), grapples, remotes, hydraulic Top-n-Tilt, third remote, grease and tools to work on it. Hate to see people spend all their money on just the bare bones tractor and have no money left over for implements to allow the tractor to work.
You are so right. By the time i included grapple, 3rd function, hydraulic top link, pallet forks, bush hog , quick hitch and box blade it added probably 20-30% to the overall price. Oh, and don't forget the cab!! Getting old and want to be comfortable in retirement.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I agree with pricing from Messick's and the reason I wanted to buy from them (including the fact I've been soaking up Neil's videos). I like the look of the Messick guard. It costs $289 but then $106 shipping after that. I called and talked to someone about that in parts about USPS shipping and he was extremely nice but said that was the best price. The part weighs 18# per the website.

I like the 5-11 but even with free shipping it costs more than Messicks with shipping.

Just looking for other suggestions.

Thank you for the reply.
Call Messick's again!
If that part only weighs 18 lbs. it can easily be shipped USPS.
Try to get your answer from somebody else there,...... or an explanation why not USPS.!

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin

Thanks
Welcome to the OTT! Sir or Ma'am. Congrats on the new elegant tractor!

So, as I see it:
You can afford a new top-of-the- line Grand L6060, Cab model, with 3rd function and a grapple, and are fretting about a $106 delivery fee.

With all due Respect, find the guard you like the most, and buy it. Don't fret over the peanuts, because you have plenty of peanuts. Get what You want. You earned it.

And: I hope that you have a rear implement for ballast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Overleaf

Equipment
Grand L6060
Oct 14, 2023
North MS
Welcome to the OTT! Sir or Ma'am. Congrats on the new elegant tractor!

So, as I see it:
You can afford a new top-of-the- line Grand L6060, Cab model, with 3rd function and a grapple, and are fretting about a $106 delivery fee.

With all due Respect, find the guard you like the most, and buy it. Don't fret over the peanuts, because you have plenty of peanuts.

And: I hope that you have a rear implement for ballast.
I know, not seeing the forest for the trees. I suppose the price of the guard is much less than the price of a radiator. Just $106 shipping for a 18# $289 part seemed ridiculous.

I do have fluid ballast in tires.

Plus just wanted to see what other options were recommended from folks that have been there.

Thanks for the reply.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
If the guard was $395, with free shipping.
Would you buy it?

$289+$106= $395

Buy the guard that you like the looks of. Most of the grill guards are absolutely hidious looking.

I haven't found an available grill guard that I like the looks of. I live in a forest. I have a grapple. And, I'll probably make my own. Something that doesn't look like I'm going to war.

It's not a bulldozer. It's a tractor.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Yes and no. I'm a fan of spending as much as you can afford on the bare tractor. You can spend the next ten years buying implements and tools one by one. It's harder to slowly grow the size of your tractor.

My significant other is very happy at the long list of birthday and Christmas presents that became available when the tractor arrived. She was running out of ideas of things to buy me.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I made my own, but if I had to buy one, I would seriously consider a Lown.

(actually next time I would probably by a CNC table for my plasma cutter and then make my own and then con/tell the Finance Committee how much money I am gonna be saving.... (y) )

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Shipping isn't free.

I've changed my thinking into "how much time and money would I need in order to pick up the item myself" before deciding if paid shipping is too expensive or worth paying for the convenience.

It pisses me off when customers expect free shipping. Amazon won't be free shipping forever. Eventually Amazone won't find people willing to work as a contractor for below minimum wages and spending their own gas money and maintenance and repairs in order to give you "free" shipping.

I don't know how they find people willing to work for free. Maybe I should be buying some "Temporary Foreign Workers".