Grey smoke

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
yeah I made things worse by stripping the threads of the bolt hole in the gear case Cover

I’m think I’m screwed now
Not sure what you mean? One of the cover bolts was turned in until the threads ripped? If you can get the bolt out then get a tap that is 1mm ir 2mm larger and run a larger dia bolt with the same thread pitch as the stripped one.

Gdubs

Equipment
Bobcat MT 55
Jul 2, 2021
New York
Not sure what you mean? One of the cover bolts was turned in until the threads ripped? If you can get the bolt out then get a tap that is 1mm ir 2mm larger and run a larger dia bolt with the same thread pitch as the stripped one.
Not just any bolt hole, the governor bolt hole

I’ll try tapping it but short of that I’m already imagining how to replace that gear case cover without pulling the whole motor (again)

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Can you explain more on the injectors you used? My first suspicion is balance between cylinders(compression), then fuel(injector seat pressure).

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
There is not much pressure on that screw so you could do an easy fix by cleaning the outside face of the gear case cover and put a jb weld fillet around the outside of a thin nut pressed against it. Effectively you are moving the threads further out. This will be easily accessible after the repair (in case it needs further attention) and will function the same.

fix.JPG

Gdubs

Equipment
Bobcat MT 55
Jul 2, 2021
New York
There is not much pressure on that screw so you could do an easy fix by cleaning the outside face of the gear case cover and put a jb weld fillet around the outside of a thin nut pressed against it. Effectively you are moving the threads further out. This will be easily accessible after the repair (in case it needs further attention) and will function the same.

View attachment 66443
That will hold against the vibrations of the engine etc and not crack and break off? If so that was a thought I had too, just regular jb weld? Or that weld stick/putty they have?

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
That will hold against the vibrations of the engine etc and not crack and break off? If so that was a thought I had too, just regular jb weld? Or that weld stick/putty they have?
From tests conducted on "Project Farm" JB Weld products work great. I would use the 2 part regular JB Weld epoxy over their putty. The nut will not be stressed much from vibration as the whole case, screw and nut will move together rather than against each other. Here are some of those crazy torture tests!

Gdubs

Equipment
Bobcat MT 55
Jul 2, 2021
New York
Ok I’ll give that a shot when I get to jobsite today and let it cure until tomorrow morning
Thanks

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
Sand the surface of the housing and the nut faces and clean both with alcohol or brake fluid to de-risk adhesion failures

Neil1777

Equipment
1979 Kubota L295DT 4WD with front end loader and Kubota tiller
Apr 13, 2022
Kauai, Hawaii
I have a 1979 Kubota L295DT 4WD, it has been sitting around for a few years, lately I replaced the fuel injectors (brand new). I'm having a hard time getting it back to normal operation. I got it started finally, but it cuts out when below 1000 RPM, the speed advance function works fine, I can push it up to 2500 RPM. But the engine will not idle below 1000 RPM.
I think the idle control on the fly wheel side of the fuel pump might be the problem. Is there a guide line for adjusting the screw of the idle adjustment mechanism ? I am planning on opening the inspection plate on that side of the governor. Does anyone have any experience with this ?
One more item, can I use BlueDevil head gasket sealer to seal any cracks in the engine block, or head gasket ?