Green Turning Orange

MOOSERABBIT

Jul 21, 2023
Morgantown, WV
Welcome sir!

Although it matters not; Why have you decide to come to the Dark Side?

Just curious.
Well, i was looking at a 33hp deere however it was a 2 series and still cost more than the 3302, which was closer to the 3 series in size. I looked at the builds Kubota was definitely built heavier, and with looking at other models, I felt that they might fit my needs better as this will be the last machine that I purchase, assuming it holds up at least 18 years like the old one has. I want to clear 2 building spaces for my kids and other ditch work, so it will get a workout. Ultimately I feel that the Kubota is more bang for the buck. My father will probably turn over in his grave and haunt me.

Reactions: 1 users

MOOSERABBIT

Jul 21, 2023
Morgantown, WV
Well big setback today, dealer informed me that the FEL wont be in until November, the BH92 backhoe not until February 2024. no need to purchase a machine that i am unable to use, really sucks as the L3560 was my choice for the added capacity

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Well big setback today, dealer informed me that the FEL wont be in until November, the BH92 backhoe not until February 2024. no need to purchase a machine that i am unable to use, really sucks as the L3560 was my choice for the added capacity
FWIW, you might want to call around to some other Kubota dealers - even in nearby states. The Kubota dealers I see have (based on their lot space) many tractors - all with loaders. Although I am in Georgia, it seems that many are seeing the same thing in other states.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If size of machine not a limiting factor, maybe price some other models that meet your minimum requirement even if a bit bigger. Sometimes bigger machines at similar if not cheaper. I think There is a lot of overlap in capability and pricing. Not much you can do about the BH though unless you go to a TLB. For the work ahead of you, I am not sure of a downside to the FOPS on a TLB.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I know it has been suggested, but you might want to look at the MX line. That is probably the route I personally would go if I wanted a bigger machine. While the Grand Ls are nice, I would pick power and weight over luxury.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Nah, nobody will be buying L4701. It's all L4802 these days. Neil seems to think it might sell better, as it got cheaper so it's no longer as close to the MX. New Mid-Size Compact Tractor. Kubota L4802
Thanks for posting the link to the Messick's video. I hadn't seen that one - cool to see the changes in features. Unless I missed it, he didnt' mention the (I believe) change to the seat on the 4802.

Glad to see my orphan can get the rubber floor mats. Spent a bunch of time on it today and yesterday - honestly wouldn't change a think - it does exactly what I want. (well, except stop me from forgetting to raise the "kick stand" on my land plane, which it appears I did...and bent/mangled it pretty well)