Greasing an LB400

willyC93

Equipment
L2500DT,LB400fel,7.5'snowplow,6' landscape rake,backblade,homemade pine needle r
Oct 25, 2010
Post Falls, Idaho
I waste more grease than I apply to the pins in the rear of the booms. The zerks don't line up through the access holes. I have put the bucket in the dump position and raised the tractor with the loader and still can't get a straight shot at these two zerk fittings. I am thinking about grinding the bottom of the holes lower to improve the angle. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, Bill

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I waste more grease than I apply to the pins in the rear of the booms. The zerks don't line up through the access holes. I have put the bucket in the dump position and raised the tractor with the loader and still can't get a straight shot at these two zerk fittings. I am thinking about grinding the bottom of the holes lower to improve the angle. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, Bill
IF these are the fittings you are asking about.....mine line up for greasing when the boom is fully down.

zerk.jpg

willyC93

Equipment
L2500DT,LB400fel,7.5'snowplow,6' landscape rake,backblade,homemade pine needle r
Oct 25, 2010
Post Falls, Idaho
IF these are the fittings you are asking about.....mine line up for greasing when the boom is fully down.

View attachment 110347
Flintknapper, Those are the grease fittings. With the boom fully down mine are off just enough to loose some grease while servicing the loader. I think my only option is to enlarge the two access holes.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Flintknapper, Those are the grease fittings. With the boom fully down mine are off just enough to loose some grease while servicing the loader. I think my only option is to enlarge the two access holes.
Mine are pretty much dead center with boom fully down. If yours are not...then clearly you are on track with the right solution (enlarge access hole).

Zerk02.jpg

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I don't know your tractor but from a physics/dimensional perspective, if up doesn't work and down is close, would "more down" better align the Zerk to the access hole?

More down meaning, maybe you could drop the bucket into a depression (below horizontal) like the ditch next to your lawn or drive the tractor up onto something or even just jack up the front wheels.

Just a W.A.G.

I'd do that before I went hacking off good metal.

Maybe I'm off base.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada

willyC93

Equipment
Oct 25, 2010
Post Falls, Idaho
I used the grease gun for my chainsaw and it worked. Thanks for the responses. Bill