Greased the Kubota yesterday.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I had every intent to grease the tractor this afternoon.

Then I read this thread.....:oops:

I've done these things with great satisfaction for many decades....I started to worry about the much higher expectations; some I never thought of.

I started to get "performance anxiety..."

I was concerned that my gun was inadequate, and if it would perform as anticipated?!!?!?

I questioned if I was properly handling the grease nipples.....and when....?!?!?

I was concerned that all my "stuff" might not be coordinated, properly timed, or appropriate?!?!?

I was even concerned my tractor would feel badly of me if I didn't perform everything properly?!?!

I was worried I might get ridiculed, or even beat up on the playground.

The worries were incapacitating......Just gave up....;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
As kubotafreak said - locks on tight. I didn’t have any luck loosening up the locking barrel but I didn’t try real hard. I’m replacing the head with lock and lube or similar anyways. Have it on my hand pump.

I wipe off the grease gun end after each zerk. It leaves a small dollop of grease when pulled away. That will make the next zerk heavy with grease around the zerk and messy. Compounds if you go through all your zerks without wiping off hose whip end.

Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
As kubotafreak said - locks on tight. I didn’t have any luck loosening up the locking barrel but I didn’t try real hard. I’m replacing the head with lock and lube or similar anyways. Have it on my hand pump.

I wipe off the grease gun end after each zerk. It leaves a small dollop of grease when pulled away. That will make the next zerk heavy with grease around the zerk and messy. Compounds if you go through all your zerks without wiping off hose whip end.
I actually got the factory one to loosen up the thumb adjuster with much effort. It leaked after. Some have and oring inside, this one did not(concave dish).

Reactions: 1 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Most of my grease except for when I get the red and tacky is brown like my eyes.

Got a lube shuttle now. They have a battery powered one, but it is high priced.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I greased the Kubota with my new DeWalt 20 volt grease gun, but I am torn between using black grease or red grease. The black goes better with the Orange color of the tractor, and the red grease clashes with the orange of the tractor. I am also considering changing to blue grease. What color grease do you prefer? Also, do you wipe up the excess grease that spews out when you don't use a tight-fitting adapter on the nipples? I always wipe all around the nipples.
Back on the farm we kept several grease guns with different colored grease. Red for the CaseIH/Farmall tractors and red dump trucks, green for the John Deere tractor and the green dump trucks, yellow for the industrial John Deere equipment, blue for the Ford tractors and black for the black dump truck. The last was white grease for the white trucks. Worked good until someone put the wrong colored grease in the wrong colored equipment then everything came to a stop because the world ended!!!🤣

Reactions: 2 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Back on the farm we kept several grease guns with different colored grease. Red for the CaseIH/Farmall tractors and red dump trucks, green for the John Deere tractor and the green dump trucks, yellow for the industrial John Deere equipment, blue for the Ford tractors and black for the black dump truck. The last was white grease for the white trucks. Worked good until someone put the wrong colored grease in the wrong colored equipment then everything came to a stop because the world ended!!!🤣
The world wont stop, but your truck and trailer will when you put black moly grease in your wheel bearings… The face would be more like:poop:o_O

Jim6100

Equipment
B6100e
Jan 25, 2022
Florida
I have the M18 two speed. It is more than adequate for my needs. I already had the batteries so tool only was 150-180ish. I bet the m12 would be fine for my amount of powered greasing. I don't seem to take mine off three pump low speed.
I do fleet maintenance for a plumbing company with 15 mini excavators and one large loader. I use a millwakee m12 with a 4.0 battery and will go through many tubes of grease on a charge. I already had millwakee tools so the price for the bare tool was worth every penny.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Its too cold to worry about greasing the tractor because I ain’t going to be using it.

Wonder if I need to charge the battery in the grease gun🤔

edit to add: I also don’t choose my grease based on its color, rather by its qualities 😁
I think DustyRusty is pulling your chain!