Grease

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Anyone try Green Grease ? Saw it on motor trend t.v. Wondering if anyone has it or does use it ? I've got tractors, equipment motorcycles.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Anyone try Green Grease ? Saw it on motor trend t.v. Wondering if anyone has it or does use it ? I've got tractors, equipment motorcycles.
Oh...No!
Here we go with another best grease thread?
Best oil....coming next ?
Maybe just check out "Project Farm" videos?

Last edited:

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Oh...No!
Here we go with another best grease thread?
Best oil....coming next ?
Maybe just check out "Project Farm" videos?

Well I wasn't trying to start a debate about grease..Just asking if anyone uses it or has used it and what they thought. I never heard of it but they had it a the local NAPA store..The Kubota dealer is twenty miles away and I had the deck off clean, sharping the blades and greasing it. The parts guys says it is very good stuff so I bought a tube since they didn't have much grease in stock.. I figured it was better than not greasing the deck and I am a fanatic about maintaining my equipment.

I guess tractor owners are as fickle as Harley owners when it comes to oils and lubricants. I'll watch the video.. Thanks...

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well I wasn't trying to start a debate about grease..Just asking if anyone uses it or has used it and what they thought. I never heard of it but they had it a the local NAPA store..The Kubota dealer is twenty miles away and I had the deck off clean, sharping the blades and greasing it. The parts guys says it is very good stuff so I bought a tube since they didn't have much grease in stock.. I figured it was better than not greasing the deck and I am a fanatic about maintaining my equipment.

I guess tractor owners are as fickle as Harley owners when it comes to oils and lubricants. I'll watch the video.. Thanks...
There are grease finatics!
My grease is better that yours, etc.

IMHO greasing frequently is FAR more important than type/brand.
The best grease for me is whatever is currently in my DeWalt 20V gun, with lock-n-Lube.
I use it frequently.......because it is so easy to use......and I hate greasing!

Reactions: 1 user

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
There are grease finatics!
My grease is better that yours, etc.

IMHO greasing frequently is FAR more important than type/brand.
The best grease for me is whatever is currently in my DeWalt 20V gun, with lock-n-Lube.
I use it frequently.......because it is so easy to use......and I hate greasing!
I totally agree with you..I have a Lincoln air gun and a small compressor..I can remember seeing from wheel bearings frozen till the wheel would not spin on a car back when I was a mechanic in my family's garage business. Regular maintenance keeps the machine in top shape.. Cheap insurance.. especially on a 18k tractor..Thank again.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The Green Grease appears to simply be a poly grease. Nothing super special. On the higher end of the price tag. Like all poly fortified calcium sulfonate greases, mainly targeted at wet environments like boat trailers and gimbal housings. I'm assuming it is calcium sulfonate because it says compatible with lithium complex.
IMHO, more than one needs to spend for a land vehicle. Unless it's a bogger ATV or OHV, as the properties really only shine in really wet environments.