grease

Creature Meadow

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
1,065
140
63
55
Central North Carolina
I wear a shop apron seems to help.

I use shop towels to wipe it off, wipe and fold till it is done. Also save old shirts and cut them up for rags. I do spray brake cleaner in some areas and wipe it off this seems to work well.

I feel your pain because no matter how careful I am I still get grease on me.

I do wash my tractor few times a year but I think the key is to get the grease off soon as possible so it does not smear and get on everything.
 

mikester

Well-known member

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
4,147
2,836
113
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I use old rages and throw them away after. Great for the environment. IMHO paper towels just seem to tear and make more of a mess.

Get a Lock-n-Lube and a powered grease gun. Your wife will thank you.

I now use an air powered grease gun that runs off pails of grease and the LNL. Half the mess of the old hand pump guns and cartridges.
 

i7win7

Well-known member

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
3,377
3,993
113
Central, IL
On clothes, add DAWN dish soap to wash, gets 5th wheel grease off (ask a trucker)