Gray market B7000

150baker

Equipment
bucket and back blade
Jan 15, 2011
Centerville WA
Recently paid $2500 for gray market with front end loader and back blade. Good shape, stored under cover and most things work. PO informed me that when ordering parts a B7100 DT is the same. I am looking for a owners maintence manual and or in depth shop manual. I believe this was built around 1970. Has no gas pedal nor a shut off lever that you pull. To turn off I push throttle lever that is mounted on right side all the way forward. PO said he used the decompression lever which I have read is a bad thing to do. The number stamped on transmission is B7000 32768.
Cay you get these stuck? I have 20- yards of sand to move an its raining, the soil is Clay with standing water on top?
Thanks in advance for info
Best regards
Ron

150baker

Equipment
bucket and back blade
Jan 15, 2011
Centerville WA
I tried posting earlier but don't think it went through. I am a new member, just brought home a B7000 # 32768 stamped on bell transmission housing. Paid $2500, came with a front bucket loader and back blade. Runs great, PO stored covered and ran prox 20 hours a year on it. Looking for year and a few questions answered. It is four wheel drive with rice tires. Can you get these stuck? Have 20 yards of sand to spread, current soil is clay and very wet with standing water. Has no gas pedal but throttle on right side. Do you need to push clutch in to start even though it has no safety switch located on pedal. Any things to be on the look out for as far as common problems. PO did not no it had a fuel filter so I figure that would need changing (is there a part number for this?)
Thanks in advance
Best regards Ron

150baker

Equipment
bucket and back blade
Jan 15, 2011
Centerville WA
B7000 trans fluid

My front end loader bucket does not curl back when loaded with approx 200 lbs. It has one cylinder. There was mention of using a lighter weight trans fluid instead of 90 w. I am a new owner and not knowledgeable as to the do,s and donts. I have not checked the trans fluid level but the bucket goes up and down well and can raise the front end off the ground. Is the one cylinder the problem. Outside temp was about 40 degrees and tractor had been running for about 20 min.

Ron

150baker

Equipment
bucket and back blade
Jan 15, 2011
Centerville WA
B7000 1976 parts

Looking to rebuild steering column and buy a new steering rod that runs from steering box to front end. Ball joints are grinding on steering rod
Its been said that a B7100 DT is basically the same. Is that true?

Ron

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Re: B7000 1976 parts

Looking to rebuild steering column and buy a new steering rod that runs from steering box to front end. Ball joints are grinding on steering rod

Ron
Hi Ron,

No - B7100 steering shaft and bearings won't fit a B7000.

You need to remove the steering wheel - probably need a puller for that. Then drain your steering box (I bet £50 that it's full of rainwater), and take it apart. You will probably find the top roller bearing has rusted out; the bottom one will be in better condition as sit in sludge at bottom of box. Thoroughly flush the shaft and square component with petrol - clean using an abrasive cloth wheel, or something similar. Buy a couple of new bearings and reassemble. You will need to get the pitman arm off and replace the two oil seals - one where arm enters the box and the other inside the steering tube. You also need to replace the seal at the top of the steering shaft, just below the steering wheel.

If you need the part numbers - let me know.

Hopefully, the steering shaft will be ok and not need replacing as pricey.

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Re: B7000 1976 parts

Ron
Hi Ron,

Sorry - mis-read your question.

You need to replace the tie rod Part No 66591-56833 or 66711-56540

The part will also fit the B5000, but that's all.

Have a look at this:

http://en.yenibiz.com/achat/produit_details.php?id=140

Last edited:

150baker

Equipment
bucket and back blade
Jan 15, 2011
Centerville WA
Thanks for the link to the ball joints.
I would like to order a new drag strut so if someone knows the part number that would be a big help. Have ordered the manuals but they may not arrive for a while. So while I have the steering column in the shop I like to install the drag link while its apart. One other item, I pulled the dash for the oil light,glow plug and the head lights don't work. Oil light bulb was blown and bought a new one. Found the original bag of fuses of which I did not need but the white wire was melted to the point of the conductors showing. Any pointers on the melted wire?
Thanks