Grapples?

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Thoughts on landpride SGC 1060, anyone have any experience with these or heard much about them.. can’t wait on EA 55”….. looks like built pretty good just haven’t seen much on performance of them other than utube

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
My neighbor got one with his Grand L series tractor and loves it.

Reactions: 1 user

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
You would be amazed what you can do with even a lightweight grapple. They make some with digging teeth, and extreme heavy duty pieces. Only problem is , a heavy duty grapple, weighs much more, and it lowers your carrying capacity.
I have a standard land pride grapple (smaller) and I’m amazed how robust it is. It still wants to lift more if a load, than the tractor can actually handle.
Guess it comes down to digging or grappling more.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I have the 0660 and love it. Have not used an EA. Those that have them swear by them. Not sure what I would gain by the wait. Mine does everything I’ve asked of it.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Thoughts on landpride SGC 1060, anyone have any experience with these or heard much about them.. can’t wait on EA 55”….. looks like built pretty good just haven’t seen much on performance of them other than utube
I have the SGC1060 on my LX2610. It is a very sturdy grapple. I use it to move rocks and stumps, clear brush, and haul logs. It has teeth on the bottom that are very good for pulling out roots and stones. I think the SSQA on the tractor would give out before I would do any harm to the grapple unit.

On the down side, it is heavy and pricey.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I think any well made and matched to your tractor grapple will exceed the capabilities of your tractor. Some people do some crazy things with their grapples, and it is my guess that are harming their tractors (FEL, hydraulic system and etc. - Messick's has a video). I have a lighter weight LP grapple, and like others have said it has done everything I have asked of it without any bent teeth.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Same as above mentioned. I have one but never used any other. I have no issues with it. It performs as advertised. If buying check that the couplers match your tractor. The standard is one male one female. However, some weird folks like me ask them to match them for convenience. I have both male couplers on the 3rd function on all my tractors on the 3rd function but then I have to specify both female couplers on the implement side each time I buy.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have the Land Pride 55 inch on the 2601, and it is impressive,, just remember if you dont bend a tooth on it you aint using it

Reactions: 2 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
A grapple and the breakout force of the curl cylinders can max out the FEL lift capacity.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
The big difference between the LP grapple and the EA one is that the EA grapple has serrated teeth to help hold what ever you grab better without it being able to slip out as easily. But it is a 6 month wait currently for a EA grapple...

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I have wondered whether serrated teeth are a plus. My grapple does not have them, and it seems to do fine with curvature and pressure in terms of holding things (logs, branches, loose materials and etc.), and the lack of serrations aids in a clean dump/release of loose materials, vines, small branches and etc. I have noticed on some internet videos small amounts of debris being caught in the serrations after the dump/release. On the other hand, it would seem that serrations could be a plus in preventing large items (a tree trunk with some remaining limbs protruding from the grapple) from rotating during transit.

Do serrated teeth help, or is it just something that looks cool (they definitely do)?

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
Landpride makes good equipment. I have too many pieces to mention but most of my stuff is now LP. Can’t go wrong with it and chances are your Kubota/Landpride dealer is closer than any other equipment dealer if you need to resolve an issue.…nope, I’m not employed by either. 😊

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Like above, can't speak to the other brands and some look really good when I cross-shopped. However, the LP SGC0660 (matched to my L size) is becoming my favorite attachment. It does everything I ask and I am just getting started into firewooding again this winter. I used it this summer to clean up about 30 tons of "stuff" in very short order.

I rolled it into the initial deal after advice on here with NO regrets.

tanuki

Equipment
MX5400 hst
Jan 11, 2021
cobden,il
When I was looking at grapples I thought the LP 660 was a better design than the 1060. If you have a mx6000 that is too big for the 660. With your hp you will bend the bottom teeth on the 1060 at some point. This will not happen with the EA units. Money up front and long wait times suck but the product is really solid.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
Do serrated teeth help, or is it just something that looks cool (they definitely do)?
I've had my Wickeder 55 since October this year, so I'm no grapple expert, but have put 15 hours or so on it since it arrived. I like the serrated teeth as they will really dig/cut through any tree roots I'm trying to get out of the ground. Once you have the grappled bottom teeth under a tree root (1" - 2" diameter is what I've done before), you can curl the grapple a couple times and they teeth will basically chew/pull through the roots. I've not had any issues with debris getting stuck on the serrated teeth of the upper or lower sections of teeth.

The wait is painful for the EA grapples, but I'm glad I waited.

Reactions: 1 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
I have the Land Pride 55 inch on the 2601, and it is impressive,, just remember if you dont bend a tooth on it you aint using it

<noticed a bent tooth today>

Apparently, I'm now using mine. (-;

They don't bend back easily either!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I have had to fix two welds on my LP grapple as well as replace a hose that rubbed the grapple frame.

The frame also has a memory of sorts. If I grab a limit size rock on one side or the other the grapple will close a little off one side. This is probably due to the challenge of weight/strength.

Other than those problems, it has worked well.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I have wondered whether serrated teeth are a plus. My grapple does not have them, and it seems to do fine with curvature and pressure in terms of holding things (logs, branches, loose materials and etc.), and the lack of serrations aids in a clean dump/release of loose materials, vines, small branches and etc. I have noticed on some internet videos small amounts of debris being caught in the serrations after the dump/release. On the other hand, it would seem that serrations could be a plus in preventing large items (a tree trunk with some remaining limbs protruding from the grapple) from rotating during transit.

You should just come on and say "I don't like EA because I have to pay them for their product and wait for it to be delivered" instead of some really obvious back handed strawman argument.

You really don't know if serrated teeth aid in cutting and grip? WOW - SMH

Look up serrated teeth in almost any application - knives, machine tools, saws, blades, pliers, pipe wrenches etc. Yes serrated teeth improve cutting. In the case of the grapple they also greatly aid in grip of the load.

I know you won't believe a serf like myself, but google it, there is literally thousands of examples spanning decades.

Reactions: 3 users