Grappler Recommendations Please.....

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
I'm rigged up with an extra front hydro loop on the LA1055 (on L4760). Last year I had my 20 acres in central Texas mostly cleared of nasty ash juniper to liberate the oaks. The clearing hit 90% of the junky stuff but I need to grapple away the remaining brush around the oaks to tidy them up all the way. Also the land has plentiful surface rock and boulders.

My question....I've looked at plenty of hydro grapples and bucket-added ones as well. I believe it better to avoid messing with my bucket and the associated rugged wear of moving rocks besides the brush. If a full grapple should I spring for 7 foot vs 6 ft and design wise, my guess is that the more tines the better, ie some look heftier than others. Finally, two top jaws or a single across the width? So far Titan (available on Amazon) at about $2000 delivered, looks to be the front runner but thought I'd get your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I assume you have also looked at www.everythingattachments.com? I can personally tell you they have some of the best customer service I have EVER experienced. I have heard the same from others on this forum and TbN. Even though I was outside of their free 1000mile shipping area, thy were able to get it delivered to a freight terminal near for me for just $50.

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
Have looked at them briefly. Will look again. Seems like their prices were just enough higher that I preferred to justify my Amazon Prime membership instead. It's really about reliability though. The thing is in rough service and I won't tolerate bent tines like in some of the Titan pics I've seen (of the lower end models). As for used, maybe it's central Texas but these things just don't seem to be on the market. Craigslist never has them, or if so they're junk.

TD Tractor

Equipment
L4701, LA765 FEL, 60" Grapple, 84" Snow Blade, 60" bush hog, Ford 871,703 loader
Dec 1, 2016
Partlow, Va
I've got a land pride sgc1060 and I work it pretty hard on my L4701. Its held up very good so far. It's a single lid top and can be a little difficult to pickup some things like rocks and stumps. I do like the root rake hooks on the bottom for cleaning up bushes and brush. Hope this helps.

Dustin.H

May 24, 2017
Toledo,Oregon
I have a smaller tractor (2601) with the grapples and love them. The only thing I don't like is how the hydro hoses from the tractor to the grapple are exposed. I have had several limbs make their way through the opening in the front and grab ahold of them. Had some 3/8" stainless plates made to cover up these spots. I'm hoping they work

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
I have a smaller tractor (2601) with the grapples and love them. The only thing I don't like is how the hydro hoses from the tractor to the grapple are exposed. I have had several limbs make their way through the opening in the front and grab ahold of them. Had some 3/8" stainless plates made to cover up these spots. I'm hoping they work

Good idea on the steel plate protection.

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I purchased the Land Pride GC1072 for my MX4800 and am very happy with it.

It does much more than I thought it would do. I works great for picking up stumps, rocks, brush and limbs. Takes a bit of getting used to though, but once you get the knack of it you can do a lot with it.

One thing handy that I like is opening the grapple and tilting the top forks into the dirt and backing up. It rakes limbs like crazy. seems if I put the lower forks in and drive forward I pick up much more dirt. That might be because it is still a bit damp but raking backwards in the float mode works like a champ.

M
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg