Grappler may need hoses for hydrolics

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
The hydrolic connections on my Grappler bent a bit today from a tree branch pushing on it. Fluid was spitting out until I tightened the connections down, but I found out that the connections are a bit bent. They seem to be usable, but will eventually need to be replaced. The connection is a bit cock-eyed due to the pressure the branch put on them.

I wonder if anyone has a pointer to where I can purchase new connectors, and the small black hydrolic hoses needed?

Thanks

Al

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Use them until there is a problem, you don't have a problem right now, unless you just don't like looking at them. ;)
Agree.

Any decent hydrolic shop can make them for you. If you go this rout, I would bring in the ones that I want to replace so you get exact replacements - length and fittings - outside hose diameter might very.

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
The hydrolic connections on my Grappler bent a bit today from a tree branch pushing on it. Fluid was spitting out until I tightened the connections down, but I found out that the connections are a bit bent. They seem to be usable, but will eventually need to be replaced. The connection is a bit cock-eyed due to the pressure the branch put on them.

I wonder if anyone has a pointer to where I can purchase new connectors, and the small black hydrolic hoses needed?

Thanks

Al
Would have a pic of your "Grappler" and the problem area so we can see what you are dealing with?

chip812

Equipment
L35
Jul 9, 2013
Alabama
Agree.

Any decent hydrolic shop can make them for you. If you go this rout, I would bring in the ones that I want to replace so you get exact replacements - length and fittings - outside hose diameter might very.
Be sure to tell the shop NOT to bend them the same... My FIL took some bent lines to a shop to get a replacement made... They put the same bend in it that he wanted to be straight... I laughed... I was the only one that laughed... :rolleyes:

mcp

Sep 11, 2013
Virginia
Be sure to tell the shop NOT to bend them the same... My FIL took some bent lines to a shop to get a replacement made... They put the same bend in it that he wanted to be straight... I laughed... I was the only one that laughed... :rolleyes:
LOL. I guess you won't be using them anymore... (or the FIL...:D)