Grapple Suggestions

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
We recently purchased some property that has a lot of privet hedge, wild cherry, and underbrush that need to be removed. I purchased a Piranha bar to aid in the brush removal. I am thinking of getting a grapple so I can move the uprooted underbrush, rocks and also some pine trees that I will have to cut down. I have an L3240 and would like suggestions/feedback from those of you who are familiar with or own grapples. I would also like to know what modifications have to be made to my LA 514 loader for the hydraulics and approximate cost of that upgrade. After some research I'm more confused than I was when I started. Some of my concerns are: cost, weight, width, opening width, and durability.Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Hook

Equipment
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
My loader is SSQA. Your bucket grapple looks like a very good alternative. I will check into it. Thank you.

First, is your loader, Skid Steer Quick Attach (SSQA)? Or is the bucket a Pin On bucket?

I personally don't need one of the dedicated grapples. I like having my tooth bar on my bucket for digging and still be able to carry bush, dirt and gravel without having to switch buckets.

So something like the Greens Machine bolt on grapple works for me. http://greens-machine.com/id47.html I actually have a W.R. Long; single, Bolt on grapple that I bought used for about the same price.

I installed an extra 3 spool valve for grapple, top link and hydraulic side link. I hoped doing it myself I would save money but didn't save much (I learned a whole lot!!)

It is the SSQA Loader. That looks like a good idea. I saw some like that in my searches. Very practical. Thank you.

My whole set up was ~$1200 but that also got me hydraulics for T-N-T. It weighs ~150 pounds and if I know I'll just be moving gravel for a while, I can unbolt and remove the grapple lid and save about 70 pounds.

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
You might want to check out Everything Attachments. They have several models of grapples. I chose the Root Rake Grapple in 60" width and am very happy with it. It is tough as a battle ship. Made of very good steel. watch their YouTube videos.
BTW, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just very happy with their product.

Last edited:

mrtraktr

Equipment
2006 L3430 (Red) 1950 Massey TO35
Jan 1, 2016
Michigan
I just purchased a grapple this past spring. I went with Land Pride's SGC1060. I have an L3430 with an LA513 loader. Had to add a 3rd function valve which I got from Everything Attachments. My local dealer said that there was no 3rd function valve made for my tractor. So I called EA and they helped me out with that. Mounted the valve myself. I used the grapple all summer for moving brush, rock, logs, and chunks of cement all with just the use of my thumb. I can tell you that it is a very sturdy piece of equipment and is now my favorite addition to my Kubota. The grapple weighs 389 lbs and is 62" wide with an opening of 39 1/2" and a maximum pressure of 3500 lbs. and mounts with the SSQA. Both the grapple and the 3rd function valve ran me right at $3000 and installing the valve saved me $350. I am amazed at the ability of what a grapple can do and the amount of time it has saved me doing it. You will be very glad you have one once you decide.

Last edited:

Hook

Equipment
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Thanks to all of you. Your info is very helpful.