Grapple Rake vs. Bucket?

JDP

Equipment
L4701
Dec 15, 2020
Nebraska
I recently purchased a L4701 with an LA765 loader and I'm in the market for a grapple. I'm wondering which has worked better for people. My father owns a bucket style grapple which works great but I'm kind of leaning towards the rake style. I would prefer one with two separate upper cylinders. I believe that you get better clamping action that way. I've noticed that a lot of people recommend Everything Attachments on here. I do like there products but I am just outside of their free shipping range. I would appreciate any input. Also most of the work done with it will be tree clean up. Occasional construction style work. Like concrete removal and I have an old garage that needs tore down.

Thanks

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Take a look at MTL attachments they have a great value 60” twin cylinder root grapple for $999 including delivery. I see they are currently sold out of a number of models including this one. Seems like everything is on back order at the moment. I believe they are US made. This size and type will be great for tree cleanup and general use. I suggest you text their phone number or just keep watching the website for restock if interested.

Everything Attachments makes good equipment, their grapples are light weight but expensive. you have enough loader capacity for a heavier grapple.

A grapple is a great attachment and so useful.

Last edited:

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would call Everything Attachments they will work it out with you, may even offer the free shipping. Its not like calling Walmart Corporate Headquarters or anything. Just some like-minded , generally agreeable hillbillies tryin to make a buck in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Rake all the way. If doing tree work, get there before your FIL and BIL cut all the sticks into chunks... lol. Makes for a long day picking up 1-2 at a time vs. 6-8’ sticks.

And I would have it sent to the nearest to you truck hub, the free shipping is not to your home. I sent mine just north of Atlanta, which is about an hour from me. Went with trailer and picked up.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
How far away is your father? If close enough, I’d buy the one he doesn’t have and then swap when needed.

JDP

Equipment
L4701
Dec 15, 2020
Nebraska
Thank you for the replies. I haven't called EA about shipping. Maybe they will give a little. I don't think I'm very far out of their range. I thought about the sharing with my father but he has a 100+ hp cat skid steer. His grapple is pretty heavy. I want the lightest and strongest one I can afford.